MLB's second best player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB's second best player

Besides Albert Pujols, who do you think the best player in the majors is? Jim Thome has been pretty impressive this season...
    "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Ryan Howard!

Comment

Howard has been impressive, but until he puts up those numbers for a whole season I won't consider him a superstar.

As far as fantasy goes, Alfonso Soriano has been #2 this year. His numbers are well balanced: .300/18 homers/35 RBIs/12 steals. That's even more impressive when you consider that he plays in RFK half his games.
      "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

I'd say Alfonso Soriano is terrifc from a FANTASY perspective but when you hit .300 and your OBP is only .346 - that does not put you in the upper eschelon of the baseball player value rankings.

Actually - a dark horse for this could be Jason Bay. .303, 16 HRs, 45 RBIs with speed to steal bases and plays a stellar OF. Nobody would list him as #2 but he's certainly close to becoming a premiere player albeit in a poor market.

Comment

He's been on FIRE the past few weeks.

Comment

Vlad has to get a vote, he's a hitting freak. M Ordenez might just be the most under rated player in the bigs. When you talk about great players he never comes up, but he's productive as hell. On the homer side Howard, and Utley don't have to apologize to anyone either.
            Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

After Pujols, it's a crapshoot. I'd go with Magglio Ordonez, someone in Detroit needs some credit.
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Vlad's a good one, so are A-Rod, Ortiz, Manny, Tejada, Cabrera, et. all. I think Ordonez is underrated, but on this list he's a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJackson
                  Vlad's a good one, so are A-Rod, Ortiz, Manny, Tejada, Cabrera, et. all. I think Ordonez is underrated, but on this list he's a stretch.
                  It was difficult for me to not just pick another Cardinal. Scott Rolen is having a great year(all you Phillie's fans will love that one).

Miguel Cabrerra, David Wright are also good choices.
                  I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

I forgot about Wright. A great all-around player. I'll always remeber that spectacular 1-handed catch he made last year. One of the best baseball plays I've ever seen.

Comment

Ryan Howard
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                      X