No announcement yet.

Moss To Cowboys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vikings did the smart thing. What exactly did they ever win w/ Randy Moss as their go-to guy? Nuthin'

Culpepper is a real good play, with or without Moss, and they need defense so much more than anything. Now all they have to do is hire a real coach, and they might be onto something.

Comment

Originally posted by Will
      The Vikings did the smart thing. What exactly did they ever win w/ Randy Moss as their go-to guy? Nuthin'

Culpepper is a real good play, with or without Moss, and they need defense so much more than anything. Now all they have to do is hire a real coach, and they might be onto something.

I don't know that i agree with that. I think Moss made Culpepper so much better than he really is. I think when everything broke down, he just tossed it up to moss or could expect one of the other WRs to get open because of double or triple teaming moss. This all goes away now.

Culpepper isn't as polished a QB as everyone thinks. He's got incredible athletic ability but you saw how much the Eagles D confused him in the playoffs.
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Yeah, I agree that Moss makes everyone look good. He was injured all last year and still caught 13 TDs. Do you guys really think Jermaine Wiggins would be wide open in the red zone if wasn't there? Burleson only had one good game in the five that Randy missed, and that was against the terrible Packers secondary.

Also, I was anticipating the Moss - Bailey matchup because Bailey is going to get torched, but Kerry Collins still probably won't be able to get Moss the ball. Bailey couldn't cover Jerry Porter for some reason (135 yds, 3 TDs), he has no chance against Moss.

Comment

No chance? Come on, IanB, he's still one of the few shut-down corners in the game. He did falter in two of his prime time appearances this last season(vs Oakland and vs Cinci), but the guy did shut down Marvin Harrison both times he faced him. It was the rest of our secondary that Peyton torched.
          I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
            No chance? Come on, IanB, he's still one of the few shut-down corners in the game. He did falter in two of his prime time appearances this last season(vs Oakland and vs Cinci), but the guy did shut down Marvin Harrison both times he faced him. It was the rest of our secondary that Peyton torched.
            Alright, maybe he's got a chance. That would be fun to watch too. I don't think there's many players out there who make Bailey really have to elevate his game just to compete, but Moss is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
              Originally posted by Will

I don't know that i agree with that. I think Moss made Culpepper so much better than he really is. I think when everything broke down, he just tossed it up to moss or could expect one of the other WRs to get open because of double or triple teaming moss. This all goes away now.

Culpepper isn't as polished a QB as everyone thinks. He's got incredible athletic ability but you saw how much the Eagles D confused him in the playoffs.
              Maybe though, with Moss there, he never had to really work on his reads, if he could just toss it up. Without that safety blanket, he'll have to become better. But you make good points.

Comment

I think Culpepper can run the offense without Moss. He will probably have to scramble more like McNabb had to do before TO. Their offense is still capable of putting up decent numbers and if they get their defense better, they could be a real problem. That has been their achilles' heel for the past 7 years or so. But now with Moss gone, and the addition of Harris, the defense can improve even further with some draft picks and free agent acquistions. Since there is now 4 years and 75 million dollars freed up from the salary cap.
                http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

They already had over 25 million in salary cap space before the trade, I believe. They could've got the free agents and kept Moss.

Comment

Maybe he can actually moon the fans this time before he leaves.
                    Fantasy Sports And More!
                    Caza Creations

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne gretzky

Comment

Working...
                    X