Raiders are gonna rule again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders are gonna rule again.

How about the Raiders this offseason?!!!??! They are making serious moves to get back on track. Now if only Randy Moss had a QB that could get the ball to him. I mean lets face it, Rich Gannon and Kerry Collins arent exactly young guns anymore. Their arms are tired and worn out. Gannon can't stay healthy long enough to get Randy the ball anyway. With a early pick in the draft(thanks to a horendous record) this year, look for the Raiders to go for Alex Smith(Utah) or they could sign free agent Kurt Warner who is just looking for somewhere to make money. Granted he is no young gun either, but with the season he had this year(before the Giants gave up and let Eli play) he wasnt doing half bad. You just gotta give the man a chance. He can still get 2000+ yards any given season for about 2 or 3 years at least. With the additions of Randy Moss(WR) and Lamont Jordan(RB), and hopefully a decent QB to distribute the ball, the silver and black could be back!
    Playoffs(first or second round)
    0.00%
    Conference finals
    100.00%
    Nowhere at all
    0.00%
    What? Thats crazy! If you think my ideas and opinions are, just let me know.

They gave up their early pick to get Moss, so no QB in the high round. There's not really a great QB available this year anyways. They can't really sign anyone right now because of their current cap situation, they're still over the cap. They'll be fun to watch for sure with Porter and Moss, but I don't think they can compete with the other teams in their division yet.

Comment

One player does not a magical improvement make.

Moss will not save them from their age and salary cap problems.

6-10 or 7-9
      "And they're not gonna get him today." - Legendary Calder Track Announcer Phil Saltzman.

Comment

Fuck the Raiders, Fuck Randy Moss, and Fuck Raider Fan! 4-12.
        I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

Comment

The Raiders won't do anything because they can't stop anyone. Look at their division. Chargers, good offense with Tomlinson, Brees, Gates, and McCardell. Chiefs, great offense because of the O-line, Priest Holmes, Trent Green, and Tony Gonzalez. Denver, the RB system produes an auntomatic 1000-yard back, plus Jake Plummer and Rod Smith. The Raiders have good offensive weapons but their O-line sucks. They still need a couple years to get out of the situaiton they are in right now with the cap before they can call themselves contenders.
          http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Projected Finish 2005:

Chargers
            Broncos
            Chiefs
            Raiders
            Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Hard to disagree with Guru's projected finish as I don't see the Chargers slowing down...but I think the Broncos will finish on top, but same order on down.

Man, Maximus is an angry tear on these boards

Comment

Yeah, don't fuck with Max. I trashed talked him once in FF, and he went on a 9 game win streak.

I think the Chargers peaked, and a slight dropoff next year will allow Denver to take the AFC West. Oakland will cellar dwell once again, and it'll will be as sweet as ever to see it.
                I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Sorry, nothing pisses me off like the Raiders. Anyway, I know the Raiders are score a million points next year, but they'll also give up a million- they'll be like the Chiefs (depending on how good Jordan is) which means either all the bounces to go their way the whole season (13-3), or they don't (7-9) because every game will be a shootout. Speaking of the Raiders, did you guys see Romo was crying on the stand when he testified about breaking that kids ocular socket? High comedy- think Eli Manning on draft day after the Chargers picked him only on a much larger scale (he did end that guys career). As far as the Chargers go, I think there are ways to stop Antonio Gates and if you do that, they are 1 dimensional because their WR's suck.
                  I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

Comment

The funny thing is the raiders will be a 500 team next year, to good wide outs, lamont BACK UP jordan, and kerry as your qb, please, they will not even come close to the playoffs.
                    Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

Yeah, adding 1 good player, and a couple "potential" guys to a mediocre team does not catapult you to the playoffs in the AFC.
                      I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X