RIP John McCain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP John McCain

Just heard this morning that he was stopping treatment. Now tonight he has passed away. I didn’t always agree with his politics, but I always respected him. Rest In Peace Senator.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/n...-20180825.html
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

A true American hero. He always put duty above self, and never compromised his principles.

Comment

I expressed my thoughts on John McCain's passing in the other thread but I'd like to add a comment or 3 here.

Reading and listening to the remarks of those who knew him personally in the Navy and his years in the Senate, you're left with the inescapable understanding that most people who got to know him really, really cared about him...yes, loved him. And he was easy to get to know because he was very open and very human.

McCain had a temper, was quick to anger, and spoke his mind...often bluntly. But he was also a good listener, would admit when he was wrong and didn't hesitate to apologize. He had a sharp sense of humor and was as likely to use it on himself as he was on an opponent.

John McCain had a lot to live up to...both his father and grand father were Four Star Admirals. So McCain, who was a hell raiser who loved pretty woman, proceeded to graduate last in his class from Annapolis.

John McCain more than made up for what ever disappointment he was to his family as a youth by making a difference with the rest of his life.

It is said of many when they die but I believe it is especially true in the case of John McCain. He will be deeply missed.

Comment

Working...
      X