T.O's book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O's book?

I hate to even bring this clowns name up, but at some point our qb and team will be hit with a load of questions about TOs book. Any word on when it is due out? I remember hearing July but I don't know if that's changed.

I'm sure Donovan and the boys will handle it with class. It seems they are definitely moving on. It will be interesting to see how TO's new teammates handle him getting all the press, not to mention stirring up some controversy once this book hits stores.

Mr. Parcells...it's about to start!!!
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

While it will be interesting and provoke much debate -- I'm not sure any positive will come the Eagles way from this book.

The only plus side to this is that it may polarize the team into more "us against them" -------- and that might not be such a bad thing as the season goes on.

Wonder how hard Reid will lean on them to take the "no comment " approach. I hope somebody just sez-- "consider the source".

Comment

Chapter 1 - I LUV ME SUM ME
      Chapter 2 - I LUV ME SUM ME
      Chapter 3 - I LUV ME SUM ME
      Chapter 4 - THEY DIDN'T LUV ME SUM ME
      Chapter 5 - I LUV YOU SUM YOU FOR BUYING MY BOOK AND HELPING ME FEED MY FAMILY

Comment

Chapter 4 - THEY DIDN'T LUV ME SUM ME

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          While it will be interesting and provoke much debate -- I'm not sure any positive will come the Eagles way from this book.

The only plus side to this is that it may polarize the team into more "us against them" -------- and that might not be such a bad thing as the season goes on.

Wonder how hard Reid will lean on them to take the "no comment " approach. I hope somebody just sez-- "consider the source".
          * People think the Eagles defense and team have no pride. Wait till we play Dallas. It's going to be a bloodbath.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I would love the every players response to TO questions to be...

"NO COMMENT...NEXT QUESTION"

over and over and over and....

it would be great and urk the living shit out of TO.

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word

I love this, this would be great.... "NO COMMENT...NEXT QUESTION"

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word

"No Comment...Next question" would be incredible. Maybe someone should send that to Spads so he could pass it on to AR. It works with Andy's theory of silence and it works at throwing crap back in TO's face. Such a quote will make folk heros out of the Iggles. Their fans will love the "FU side of it."
                Pedro

Comment

Just saw a couple of websites that say "In Stores July 11." The book's called "T.O."

The authors are Terrell Owens and -- what a surprise -- Jason Rosenhaus. Don't know anything else about it.

I can hear Parcells now: "Terrell, stop doing whatever that agent tells you to do......"
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Actually I think the book is in Walmarts now..............

Not sure I can handle to garbage that will be in those pages.

Next question............

Comment

My guess is the book will be just over 100 pages, in LARGE print, and with plenty of pictures of HIMSELF.

Variations on five themes will be repeated ad nauseam throughout the book:

- "I'm really a good guy, I'm just misundertood."

- "I've always given 100% on the field."

- "I'm a man of God who has never been in any trouble off the field."

- "I'm a good team mate."

- "I've got to do what I think is best for me...and my family."

It is to be hoped that Owens will include just enough cheap "shite" on Eagle players, that Dawk and Co. will respond with relentless/malicious headhunting, whenever Numbnuts is on the field.

Comment

McNabb said a few months ago that he was planning on getting a copy of the book and he hoped that he could get it signed.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I saw this post by Chief17 on PP, and I responded to it. A cut-and-paste later, and here's my response:
                          ----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Chief17
                          Saw a couple of excerpts on Comcast Sportsnite.
                          -An offensive coach told TO before the Steelers game in 2004 to really try to help Donovan and be a friend to him during the week because Donovan gets nervous and plays tight in big games.

Ugh. A coach said, "Really try to help Donovan and be a friend to him this week?"..."He gets nervous in big games, and this game against Pittsburgh is a big deal"?

One of the things that I liked about TO -- before things went to hell and TO acted like an inbred five-year-old -- was that I hoped his spark would help DMac focus, instead of sulking when things weren't going well. But this line...........this sounds like a petty schoolyard tease, like hockey fans trying to psych out Ron Hextall by saying "Ronnn---yyyyy.....Ronnn---yyyyy...."

I just don't buy it...if he'd said something direct and to-the-point, that would be one thing, but this sounds more like he's just going out of his way to smear his former QB's reputation...like he did with Garcia.

DMac, Garcia, Mariucci and Reid on a conference call: "What a piece of work he is........."
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

From Balto-eaglefan's post above:

Ugh. A coach said, "Really try to help Donovan and be a friend to him this week?"..."He gets nervous in big games, and this game against Pittsburgh is a big deal"?

I just don't buy it...if he'd said something direct and to-the-point, that would be one thing, but this sounds more like he's just going out of his way to smear his former QB's reputation...like he did with Garcia.
                            I'm sure Numbnuts got the precise quote on what, if anything, was said to him by an "unnamed" offensive coach. I can just imagine a coach asking Owens to be #5's "friend". That strikes me as highly unlikely. He may have been asked to keep McNabb loose, but "be his friend"...come on!

Beyond the obvious questions re: Owen's credibility, is the issue of confidentiality in personal communications. Of course, like Pat Robertson, God talks to Owens and probably told him that, in this instance, it was OK for him to sabotage evil-doers who did not actively support him in his righteous efforts to feed his family.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                              From Balto-eaglefan's post above:

I'm sure Numbnuts got the precise quote on what, if anything, was said to him by an "unnamed" offensive coach. I can just imagine a coach asking Owens to be #5's "friend". That strikes me as highly unlikely. He may have been asked to keep McNabb loose, but "be his friend"...come on!

Beyond the obvious questions re: Owen's credibility, is the issue of confidentiality in personal communications. Of course, like Pat Robertson, God talks to Owens and probably told him that, in this instance, it was OK for him to sabotage evil-doers who did not actively support him in his righteous efforts to feed his family.
                              Here's a question about the credibility of that quote. He had to know that quote would be a huge issue. So why not name the coach? He's quoting and naming every other person in that book, so why leave out the name of the person who said what I would have to think will be one of the more controversial statements made in the book?

Comment

Working...
                              X