No announcement yet.

T.O's book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe you just likened me to GMAN!!

I'm not talking about the Giants game or anything.... hell, I think the QB runs the show and should tell the receiver ot STFU... but I still think 5 was jealous.

What we need is a third party to write a book. Unfortunately none of the other Eagles players have an ego like TO.

Comment

"And Owens paints himself as a heroic but sometimes flawed figure who was wronged by McNabb, arbitrator Richard Bloch, coach Andy Reid and the Eagles."

And by Garcia and by Mooch and by the entire town of San Francisco.... and oh yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, by anybody that he ever talked to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yet somehow, the guy who (helped) royally fuck everything up, Douche Rosenhaus, he still loves.

Comment

BTW SF, I also agree with NY.... The only thing Mcnabb was jealous of is the other QB's, those that get to hold up the Lombardi.

IMO, he wanted TO here , in fact he may have been the single biggest driving force in getting him here-- he wanted to win.

My guess is that the truth, the real truth, from that VAGiants game forward is a much different version then is being painted by Jason RosensharkWhur(TM).

There is nothing that logically tells me or shows me that Mcnabb was in any way jealous of TO-- other than a few guys saying it on message boards.

He had the big contract, he is the one doing national commercials, he is the one with the golden reputation and the one that all he needed to be a possible HOF type player was a SB ring or two. Just my

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
            I can't believe you just likened me to GMAN!!

I'm not talking about the Giants game or anything.... hell, I think the QB runs the show and should tell the receiver ot STFU... but I still think 5 was jealous.

What we need is a third party to write a book. Unfortunately none of the other Eagles players have an ego like TO.
            Yeah, I know you weren't referring to the Giants game incident or lack thereof. I was just venting over a few things.

On your other point, he might have had some jealousy, but I really doubt that it was the root cause of problems between the two or would have caused #5 to act maliciously so the team would collapse. That's just my opinion of course.

I though the GMAN comment would strike a nerve. \/

Comment

I have a former co-worker, a lot like him...basically he rubs everyone the wrong way, says whatever he wants, most people decide to let sleeping dogs lie, and finally he does something to make you snap, and then he wonders why you just snapped.

And if you tell him, well...you were wrong to snap like that. What he did was ok. And in his warped mind, that's really how he sees it. He even once said, "But it's ok for me to act like that! You're all used to it!"

Donovan's his easiest target. Imagine if TO criticized Andy Reid, Jeff Lurie, or Joe Banner? We'd be getting press conferences officially telling him to go to hell. Maybe he could've gotten away with criticizing Brad Childress, but that won't sell copies of the book, unless you're a hard-core TO fan.

DMac jealous? Maybe, why not.....but not to that extreme. He's human, but he just doesn't strike me as the type who would let a personality conflict derail a team..."his" team. And from a performance on-the-field standpoint, he didn't, and did his best to stay steady while Owens was acting, well, like Owens. Heck, Owens was his #1 receiver in 2005. Owens, on the other hand,
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I think a lot of criticisms of McNabb (tenses up for big games, doesn't have a hard attitude, etc.) may well be warranted, but I don't think jealousy was part of things at all. McNabb taking the shots from TO too personally, I could see that. But jealousy just doesn't add up.

Comment

Here's a thought...

Bledsoe reads the paper today or tomorrow. Thinks about what Owens said in the press about Garcia...

...and in his book about McNabb...

...and then says to himself, "Sumbitch had better not try that **** with me..."
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                    Here's a thought...

Bledsoe reads the paper today or tomorrow. Thinks about what Owens said in the press about Garcia...

...and in his book about McNabb...

...and then says to himself, "Sumbitch had better not try that **** with me..."
                    Exactly.

And the fact of the matter is, TO might be "happy" now, but he didn't change. He's the same dood. And somebody - whether it be Bledsoe, Parcells, whoever - is going to need to let him get away with this crap if they really want it to work. Or they need to accept he could be a major distraction.

If homeboy was getting offended so deeply by what #5 did to him when he was lighting up the scoreboard, being adored and winning, what's going to happen when the Cowboys are in dogfights each week in the NFC East?

Oh, I'm sure it'll be no problem. He's happy now.

Comment

LOL TO never changes. The same TO that was in San Fran went to Philly will now play in Dallas. Something will set him off and it couldn't happen to a better team.

Enjoy him Dallas. It won't be too long until he comes out with a book ripping Bledsoe.
                      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I honestly don't think McNabb was jealous of TO at all.

I think if anything, it bothered McNabb that TO never gave McNabb any credit. Instead TO only whined like a baby when he didn't get the ball.

McNabb and the Eagles were used to being a team and treating each other like teammates.

Fans love of another player is fine, as long as that player has love for his teammates.

I don't expect TO to ever understand this. I expect he still blames the Niners, Garcia and coaches and I expect him to blame McNabb, the Eagles and coaches. Just as I am sure eventually he will do the same to the Cowboys

for TO, it is all TO all of the time. He can't comprehend everything it takes from all teammates in order for him to be succesful

Just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20

Just my $.02

BTW I agree 100% Dawk. You can NEVER make TO happy unless you get him the ball 100% of the time. In other words, he will never be happy.
                          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz

Just my $.02

BTW I agree 100% Dawk. You can NEVER make TO happy unless you get him the ball 100% of the time. In other words, he will never be happy.
                            And even then, if he gets tackled or doesn't catch it, he'll blame someone for not getting it to him at the right place and right time.

The guy is just an asshole. He was an instrumental part in what was the best Eagles season of my life. But he's an asshole all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
                              Originally posted by Blitz

Just my $.02

And even then, if he gets tackled or doesn't catch it, he'll blame someone for not getting it to him at the right place and right time.

The guy is just an asshole. He was an instrumental part in what was the best Eagles season of my life. But he's an asshole all the same.
                              Yep to both. The sad thing is thinking what could have been if he would have changed. Donnie to TO would have been dominant for YEARS.

But like you say he is an asshole.
                              FRESH > cancer

Comment

Wow. Donnie missed him on a pass intended for him in the 11th game of the season which they ended up winning by 21. They entered the game with a record of 9-1. And TO entered the game with 57 catches for 908 yards and 13 TDs. And he complains. Wow.

Good luck, Cowgirls. He's your prima donna now.

Comment

Working...
                                X