JJAW got porked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJAW got porked!

Arcega-Whiteside says NFL has admitted mistake to Eagles on his holding penalty

Nick Fierro

He won’t be losing sleep over it because his Philadelphia Eagles held on to beat the Washington Redskins on Sunday, but rookie wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside now officially knows he and his team were victimized by an erroneous holding call that affected the final score.

Arcega-Whiteside was flagged for holding on a 21-yard touchdown run by fellow rookie Miles Sanders in the third quarter. That led to an eventual field goal for the Eagles, who went on to win, 32-27.

On Wednesday, Arcega-Whiteside insisted there was no holding and offered proof to back it up.

“Everybody upstairs said it wasn’t holding, everybody on TV said it wasn’t holding and even the NFL officials association said it was a bad call,” Arcega-Whiteside said. “So, I mean, it’s part of the game. Sometimes you’re going to make mistakes. Even before we got back to the locker room, [the coaches] were telling me they had already sent an apology."

Nick Fierro
    @NickFierro
    #Eagles JJ Arcega-Whiteside says team has already received admission from the league that the holding penalty on him that wiped out a Sanders TD run on Sunday was erroneous.

4:05 PM - Sep 11, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    536 people are talking about this
    So his feedback from the coaches on that play was predictable.

[More Sports] Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Eagles? For who, for what? »
    “I was asking people and [tight ends] Coach [Justin] Peelle what I could have done better,” Arcega-Whiteside said, “and everybody was saying that you just can’t do anything better than that.”
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Working...
X