Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to congratulate Donovan McNabb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to congratulate Donovan McNabb...

...For obviously busting his ass with this rehab so that he could come out this preseason looking like the Donovan McNabb we all know. The guy looks tremendous and it has really put my mind at ease seeing him look this good.

Donovan is a true professional in every sense of the word, and it is really a pleasure for me, an SU grad and an Eagle fan, to have been able to root for him all of these years. We really are very lucky to have him.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Re: I'd like to congratulate Donovan McNabb...

I'd like to thank my hands.......... Oh sorry, different thread
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I am glad somebody posted this. The guy takes so much negative crap in this town but he sure looks good right now. Congrads Donovan
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

AMEN.

Comment

I'm on board with this also. He is a good man, and I'm glad he is our QB.

Also I'm glad it put to rest all the "whoa is me" about letting Garcia walk cause there was no way #5 was going to be ready till at least week 3 or 4.............

Comment

While I agree with you MD in all fairness the Eagles didn't know that McNabb would in fact be ready for the start of the season when they let Garcia walk. it was a gamble on their part and it looks like it'll pay off for them.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Great thread. Throw my hat in the ring. He can frustrate me at times (What QB can't?) but he's awesome. Believe this - Kevin Kolb won't do what McNabb has done...
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                While I agree with you MD in all fairness the Eagles didn't know that McNabb would in fact be ready for the start of the season when they let Garcia walk. it was a gamble on their part and it looks like it'll pay off for them.
                Well I think they either knew he would be ready and/or knew that they weren't going to pay Garcia starters money, and that is exactly what some people professed they wanted to see happen cause they "knew" #5 wouldn't be ready till week 3 or 4. So no matter how you cut, it they knew best and didn't and don't do things based on emotion.

But I don't want to sidetrack the thread............ DM is the man, he got the big contract and yet still worked his ass off to get back.

Comment

He is the man and that's why I drafted him as my QB in one of my fantasy leagues. I think he's going to have a huge year this year and he deserves it!! Now if we can just keep his parents off of TV all will be well!!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Great thread. Agree 100%.

Comment

You know I agree LT. SU "65" here and cheering!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                        Of course, they do still have AJ, so even if Donovan missed the first month, they would have been "fine there". Not much of a gamble in my estimation. I am very grateful for what Garcia did last year, but him leaving was a foregone conclusion and a non-event IMO despite the hand-wringing in many corners of these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                          ...For obviously busting his ass with this rehab so that he could come out this preseason looking like the Donovan McNabb we all know. The guy looks tremendous and it has really put my mind at ease seeing him look this good.

Donovan is a true professional in every sense of the word, and it is really a pleasure for me, an SU grad and an Eagle fan, to have been able to root for him all of these years. We really are very lucky to have him.

I'm really glad he dropped some that extra 20-30 lbs he was carrying around. I think it will help help him both professionally and personally.
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

How about this classic?

Five used to be just a number between 4 and 6.
                            Five used to be what you took when you needed a break,
                            Five used to be what you gave and got when you were happy,
                            Five used to be the bill you pulled out to pay for lunch.
                            But that was before HE came to Philly, before 4th and 26 became 4th and 26.
                            Five is a new attitude.
                            Five is the hope that every year, you'll be there in January, playing for it all.
                            Five is playoff games at the Linc - in the cold - where teams don't want to come.
                            Five is the master of the two-minute drill
                            Five is a number you see on the back of a jersey that went by you in a flash of green
                            Passing, running, juking out a defender, and hitting the open man.
                            Five used to be nothing more than 12-7 or Cunningham minus Jaws...
                            But now five...is Five.
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I'd like to congratulate me for getting a "5" jersey in the mail today with an address label from a guy in Ohio who I don't know. No note, nothing else inside the package. Complete mystery. I assume someone I know won it on eBay and had it sent to me, but I have no idea who or why.

Comment

Working...
                              X