Eagles OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles OL

So it appears PFF has pegged the Eagles OL as the best in the league this year with Dallas coming in second. Certainly not a guarantee as there are some that don't feel the line isn't all that even though it is basically the same one they have trotted out there for three or four years.
    My question to the board is what is the value of Big V? He is scheduled to be FA next year. He is working as a guard now in case Brooks isn't 100% by the start of the season. If he handles that well I think you have to try real hard to keep him. He has shown he can handle tackle and then would have shown he can handle guard. Not many guys have that flexibility. I know if he wants to start you won't be able to keep him but I would really try to play up the angle that it is better to play on a winning team than a crap team and that anytime someone can't play you are first up and here is above average pay for a backup to entice you. And if they go to an 18 game season where guys have to sit two games he will really be valuable.
    Unfortunately I think he will want to start somewhere
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

You could say trade but honestly, what could you get for him with only one year left on his contract? I would think a 7 but possibly a 6. I'll bet that the Eagles have already approached him and he turned them down. Drafting Dillard probably iced any chance of him coming back. I'm more concerned about finding a decent center after Kecle retires.

Depending what happens this year I would think that Ertz has a fair chance of being moved if Goedert is close to being what we think he is and he stays healthy. But again, as good as he is for a one year deal he's probably only worth a 3 so probably not.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Winning another SB could be influential
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Winning another SB could be influential
        OK, let's do that!!!

Comment

Working...
        X