Lots to like about Texans game. Here's some of my favorites:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots to like about Texans game. Here's some of my favorites:

Houston held to 3 possessions in the second half. Birds had the ball for all but roughly 9 minutes of the second half.

Birds last possession: 62 yards to eat up the last 8:56 of the game. Nice balance of running plays and short passing plays. That's the way to put a game away. For years we could not put together a time eating drive like this to salt away a victory.

Nice way to start the season.

i liked the excellent two-minute drive down the field at the end of the 1st half.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

The fact we were a ball control, running team when needed in the 4th quarter was absolutely awesome. The O-Line was mauling the Texans front seven whether we passed or ran the ball. There is definitely a tougher test coming this week but a great start to the season.

Comment

30 rushes 35 passes w00t
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I liked on the Westy TD screen how downfield, Tapeh took out two guys on one block.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
            I liked on the Westy TD screen how downfield, Tapeh took out two guys on one block.
            Of all the good things the Birds did, for me the best was the way Bucky ran the ball. I think most of us had written him off, but he showed speed and grit yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
              but he showed speed and grit yesterday.

It's funny - I cringe if the word "grit" is used with the Phillies anymore. It still works for the Birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                i liked the excellent two-minute drive down the field at the end of the 1st half.
                Exactly, LT!!! That was a definite improvement. It was funny to see AR running down to call the timeout. Never saw him so animated!!!
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

The best thing to me was on offense they were not real fancy. Even the TD from McNabb to Stallworth was a basic fly pattern. I did not see alot of 4 wide out sets, alot of empty backfield stuff. The stuff that we ran alot of last year. The end result over 400 yards of offense 130 of which on the ground, 1 sack (which BTW the guy who made the sack was off sides on the play). C Buck ran hard and ran well, Westbrook was Westbrook, McNabb looked sharp and except for Stallworth drop on the second long throw and Westbrook's drop on a five yard throw over the middle, they caught everything thrown to them. Nice pass distribution. Overall a nice day for the offense
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                  X