No announcement yet.

The Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any rays of hope for the second half? Trying to look for a positive but not sure I see anything for this year
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

It's been pretty deflating. My lone hope is that the offense performs like we all expected it too. I really hope they don't give up alot of assets to add a pitcher when it seems one or two players is not going to make the difference. It was nice to see Arrieta gut out the game yesterday but having only Nola and 4 stiffs in the rotation makes me nervous they may overspend for a mediocre rental that won't do anything for us long term.

On the minor league front, Bohm is killing it at Reading, Spencer Howard (probably our top pitching prospect) is now healthy and looking really impressive and 2019 1st round pick Bryson Stott hit a HR in his first professional at bat in the Gulf Coast league, then this past week after his promotion to Williamsport, he hit a HR in his first AB there too. Nice start to his career.

Comment

Yea unless Gibson, Koufax and Carlton are available I also hope they don't bankrupt themselves thinking they are close. Certainly don't want to see the locker room blowup but I would like to see ownership look closely to see where the problems lie. Relief pitching is pretty obvious but the offense isn't dependable. Individual players? Coaching? Not close enough to know but I would look at everything cause 16-2 tonight.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

No need to pile on I guess but that was an ugly loss to watch. It was depressing to see them dig an early hole in the first but they did fight back for runs here and there. I am no Rodriquez fan by any means but he was right when he called that bad pitching for what it was.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

The team is so frustrating to watch. I thought they'd have consistency in their lineup bc of so many producers and it's been the exact opposite. Klentak is to blame for the starting rotation as he felt confident 3 rotation spots would be held down by the group of Eflin, Vasquez, Eickoff & Pivetta. Their bullpen has been absolutely decimated by injuries so I can't fault them for that but in the end, I feel like it's the front office on the rotation and the coaching staff on the offense regarding blame. Today's off-day seems like a good day to shake things up. What that is, I'm not sure. I'm guessing Arrieta is now finished for the season.

Comment

Sounds like ARod shouldn't beat up Kapler on the air anymore. Evidently he had 500K worth of jewelry stolen after the Phils game
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Not sure Cholly can do anything but, from a distance, it looks like there is concern about the leadership on the team. Kapler has to be feeling the heat you would think as maybe a couple of players should. Is Cholly just going in to be an evaluator for the last six weeks or so
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Game is on ESPN tonight and I'm sure that crowd at CBP will give Hamels a warm welcome. He was a Stud here & well liked.
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Charlie has awakened the offense! Nice ovation for Hamels and even better slaughtering of his pitching.

Comment

Good post steve. The Phans with a bad rep showed a lot with those ovations. And the Cholly chants were priceless. It is only one game and they still have their pitching woes but I think some of these guys must've realized they weren't giving their all.
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

There's another Cholly win (). Not really but nice to see some life in that team. And a sweep -- whoda thought
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

it doesn't get better than a walk-off grand slam!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

I don't see Kapler making it through the offseason. Hoping Cubs can Maddon and he's next in line for us.

Comment

I don't know Steve. I'm not a big fan of his but I don't get to hear enough from him to know how well he has the team. They spent a lot of money to bring guys in so ownership may look right at him. Of course he didn't have great starting pitching to start with but they should have scored more in my mind. Especially with the scoring being up so high. Maybe they are closer than I think but at the end of the year I just don't feel they are close
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X