Peter King / Chris Mortensen / Mike Greenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter King / Chris Mortensen / Mike Greenberg

Say Dallas wins the Super Bowl. Are people really that stupid?
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Re: Peter King / Chris Mortensen / Mike Greenberg

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
    Are people really that stupid?
    Yes, definitely.

Didn't you get the memo? The '06 Cowboys defense makes the '85 Bears look like a bunch of pussies.

Comment

I hate to say this,but Dallas' 3-4 defense should be very strong, after the last 2 drafts which were very good. The only possible weakness is at CB. I don't thonk they will go to the Super Bowl, but don't sleep on their defense this year.

Comment

I hate Dallas like no other team. However, I do think they look pretty good right now. It would not surprise me to see Dallas win the SB. Still, they are being overhyped for sure.

Jerry Jones wants another super bowl so bad. Everyone gives Jimmy Johnson credit for drafting the players that won the 3 previous super bowls. So, Jerry still has that big chip on his shoulder.

I always feel dirty just watching Jerry Jones speak.

Comment

Originally posted by BowieBirdFan
          I hate to say this,but Dallas' 3-4 defense should be very strong, after the last 2 drafts which were very good. The only possible weakness is at CB. I don't thonk they will go to the Super Bowl, but don't sleep on their defense this year.
          Not sleeping on it, but it's not this unstoppable force like the media is making it out to be. The Eagles defense is very comparable. And a much better secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
            It would not surprise me to see Dallas win the SB.
            It would completely SHOCK me. Dallas won't sniff the Super Bowl.

Comment

Peter King has been up Parcells backside for years.

It's funny but I read Mortensen in a chat the other day and he was making some disparaging remarks about the Cowboys and their O-Line.

Mike Greenberg? GOOD! He's always wrong whenever I've heard him make predictions.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06 ... id=2568742

and OBTW - not one of the 12 other "experts" at ESPN picks the Cowboys to win it and jello head is the only one of the 12 to pick the Cowgirls to reach the SB.

Comment

these guys have to write something, and usually the predictions are wrong. i pay no attention to this stuff at this time of year.

"I don't care if they have us first or last. It doesn't matter," Eagles coach Andy Reid said this week. "We're going to go play our hardest and our best."

"I don't read the papers or SI," Trotter said. "It doesn't really matter what they say or what anybody says."

With a smile, he added: "All that matters is what we say."
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

you wanna see some crazy shit, go look at cbs sportsline Pete Prisco picks for this week. picks the Texans to win

Comment

Originally posted by ekravitz
                      you wanna see some crazy shit, go look at cbs sportsline Pete Prisco picks for this week. picks the Texans to win
                      Yeah, that has a chance of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                        Originally posted by Pliny
                        It would not surprise me to see Dallas win the SB.
                        It would completely SHOCK me. Dallas won't sniff the Super Bowl.
                        I would kill myself AFTER I got done fighting EVERYONE on the board!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                          Peter King has been up Parcells backside for years.
                          Obviously Belichick stopped taking Petey's calls, so he had to find another coach's butt to kiss. Im sure next week we'll get the 4-page BJ on Drew Bledsoe, since Petey looks to be off the Pats' bandwagon.

Comment

Alot of these guys just look at the high profile positions....obviously TO in Dallas was a big gain at a high profile position. These guys never seem to pay much attention to what really wins ball games when they make these predictions, and that is the lines..

The Dallas O line will keep them from reaching the playoffs imo. But I guess since that is just a 'grunt' position, it's not taken into consideration by alot these experts.
                            Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

When I become Emporer of the Free World, the following will occur within a week of my consolidation of power:

1. ESPN will be burnt to the ground, thereby allowing sports to actually become sports again and not watered down, Disney-fied entertainment.
                              2. Mike Greenburg will be kept alive in a kiddie pool filled with leeches for he is a leech himself and the irony is too great.
                              3. Peter King will drink himself to death after 18 quadruple mocha-espresso-cappachino's. Watching his nervous system catch on fire will be broadcast across the land as a warning to those who confuse girl's high school field hockey with sports and those who believe that Starbucks is indeed drinkable coffee.
                              4. Mort stays because I like Mort and Mort likes Reid and I like Reid.
                              5. Mike Golic will have an offer to quit the sports talk business or his tongue shalt be melted off with a red hot spork.
                              6. Dr. Z's name will be purged from the public record and he will never have existed.

I have other nefarious plans for others in the sporting business. Never give out too much info at once however.

Comment

Working...
                              X