How Does Miles Sanders Skill Set Translate To The NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does Miles Sanders Skill Set Translate To The NFL

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Comment

Just wanted to give you a few videos to view. I watched his career at PSU. He is not Barkley, though he has similar skills. I think he is stronger than Barkley though. I know the Birds like to use different backs, but this kid could change their minds. He can play all 3 downs. I don't think he will run away from NFL defenders the way he did at PSU, but he will get some long TD runs. I do think that with the NFL, looks like we are dancing or playing flag football style of playing defense, he will get some good tough yardage. I am anxious to see him play and I am anxious to read opinions as well.

Comment

Comment

I have to say that I liked Henderson over him and he still was on the board when we picked. To me he looks slow but does have exceptional leg drive. I've read that he "needs work" with his blocking which to me says that he can't block. Then again Douglas and everybody else had him as the #2 rb in the draft so I'm good with it I guess. Also I doubt that he will get those huge holes in the pros that he got at Penn State. I'm really anxious to see him play and I'm sure everyone else is too.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I have to say that I liked Henderson over him and he still was on the board when we picked. To me he looks slow but does have exceptional leg drive. I've read that he "needs work" with his blocking which to me says that he can't block. Then again Douglas and everybody else had him as the #2 rb in the draft so I'm good with it I guess. Also I doubt that he will get those huge holes in the pros that he got at Penn State. I'm really anxious to see him play and I'm sure everyone else is too.
              Henderson to me didn't look like he had the ability to make sharp cuts. Maybe I didn't see enough to have an opinion, but he looked like he used his speed to round off his cuts. Speed alone won't work in the NFL. I think Sanders played behind a sometimes weak line at PSU. They could handle the avg teams, but Michigan schooled them. I think with all we have on O and our line, he will have lots of open field.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                Henderson to me didn't look like he had the ability to make sharp cuts. Maybe I didn't see enough to have an opinion, but he looked like he used his speed to round off his cuts. Speed alone won't work in the NFL. I think Sanders played behind a sometimes weak line at PSU. They could handle the avg teams, but Michigan schooled them. I think with all we have on O and our line, he will have lots of open field.
                I sure hope that Brooks can play week 1! With Kelce&Co. getting to the second level Sanders should break some good ones. If Sanders is as good as Ajai I'll be one happy camper. With Howard, Clement and Smallwood we should be solid at RB.

Comment

IMO they should carry Howard, Clement and Sanders and let little dick walk, put Adams on the PS and go stronger at other positions.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    IMO they should carry Howard, Clement and Sanders and let little dick walk, put Adams on the PS and go stronger at other positions.
                    What about Boston Scott? I've seen him being suggested as a Sproles replacement (if that's a thing)

Comment

haven't seen enough from him to have an opinion. What I saw never made me say "wow"

Comment

Smallwood vs Scott and Adams should be interesting this summer. Unless Adams gained some strength and weight I just don't see him making the roster. I thought that he was a power runner at ND but he sure didn't show it to me last season. How sad was our RB situation last year that he was our leading rusher?

Comment

Working...
                        X