(OT) Sean Taylor cops a plea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Sean Taylor cops a plea!

MIAMI (AP) --" Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has reached an agreement with prosecutors to drop felony charges against him and plead no contest to two misdemeanors in his assault case, avoiding jail time and the possibility of missing any of the upcoming NFL season.

The deal calls for Taylor to be placed on 18 months' probation, talk to students at 10 Miami-Dade County schools about staying in school and make contributions of $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools, defense attorney Richard Sharpstein said Thursday. A hearing was scheduled for later in the day.

Taylor, 23, had faced a maximum of 46 years in prison if convicted on three aggravated assault charges and one misdemeanor charge stemming from a confrontation last June with a group of people in a dispute over all-terrain vehicles that Taylor owns. Trial had been scheduled to start July 10. "

Gee, I'm SOOO surprised! I'm sure the average poor black kid from North Miami would have been offered the same deal!

It is reassuring, however, to know that Sean will be sharing his wisdom with high school kids!

$1000?! come on.

Comment

Forgot to mention that Taylor left the courtroom with a big Band Aid on his wrist where the judge had slapped it.

Comment

Well it's actually $10, 000. (10 schools at a 1,000 a pop.) But I agree with Tinopuno, once again money and celebrity get you a basic free ride.

Comment

I suspect the plea negotiation went something like this:

Miami-Dade Prosecutor: "Mr. Taylor, as you know, the laws in Florida regarding the criminal use of a firearm are among the most strict in the nation. We have an airtight case and if you're found guilty by a jury, the judge will have no choice but to sentence you to a minimum of 20 years in prison."

Taylor: "Whatever!"

Prosecutor: "However, your attorney tells me that you are willing to consider acting as though you are a little bit sorry for your behavior...or at least, acting a little bit sorry that you got caught. Based on this clear evidence of your heart felt remorse and the fact that you were one of my favorite 'Caines, I am prepared to offer you the following one-time, no negotiation deal....two years in prison and a $50,000 fine."

Taylor: "Blow me!"

Prosecutor: "I think you misunderstood me, Mr Taylor. I have a mild speech impediment, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I said....one year in prison and a $25,000 fine. Take it or leave it!"

Taylor: "Blow, me!"

Prosecutor: "I see. Well, if that's going to be your attitude, you leave me no alternative but to recommend to the judge that he sentence you to 1 year of probation and some meaningless public service activity that can be completed by any member of the Redskins Practice Squad as your surrogate."

Taylor: "Blow me!"

One of Taylor's 25 attorneys. "We'll take the deal. But 1 year probation is just too lame...the public will never buy it."

Prosecutor: "OK. Make it 18 months then....if that's alright with you Sean?"

Taylor: "Blow me!" (Taylor gets up and walks out of the office)

Attorney: "Mr Taylor accepts the plea agreement."

Prosecutor, to his assistant, after Taylor's entourage has left the office: "Now that's the way you've got to handle these thugs. Never show them any lack of resolve or they'll try to take advantage. By the way, that Sean is certainly one handsome brute. I think he may have liked me just a little."

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
            Well it's actually $10, 000. (10 schools at a 1,000 a pop.)
            Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't sh*t ... Next time I might shake my d*ck." --Randy Moss

Comment

Straight cash, homey

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                Straight cash, homey
                That was my fantasy team name last year. I think this year I might change it to Sexual Chocolate.

Comment

Randy Moss quote is hilarious and tragic.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      Randy Moss quote is hilarious and tragic.
                      Agreed. I like to focus on the hilarity of it myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X