No announcement yet.

Dark Horses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The scenario as it played out usually involved both Childress and Marty suggesting a play to Reid who would chose which play he wanted."

Man, that is some real sideline game day stuff.. where do you get this from? And is there anymore to be gotten.

I would really like to better understand how Reid runs his sidelines.

Comment

Because its run so poorly. LOL!

If they are having a committee meting on each playcall, no WOINDER we have trouble getting plays in on time.

I agree with the premise that it was Reid making the decisions to pass so much, not Childress. So simply having Marty in Childress' spot is not going to make a diference. What WILL make a difference is if Reid decides to change himself, or if he decides to let Marty actually run the darned thing.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        Originally posted by Pedro
        1. Marty M.- This guy does know how to coach an offense and the biggest change he will bring to our O is RUNNING THE BALL. Nobody is expecting him to be as good as Childress, but I think his changes to the O will be very refreshing and will be difficult for the opposition to figure out. Normally AR would take total control of the O, but after his recent problems of keeping it balanced, he has to know that he has to let Marty run it.
        FWI, everything I have heard was that it was Childress who was always trying to get Andy to run more and Marty Morningwood wanted to pass.
        * This is the biggest urban legend ever.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
          Oh damn, VFK, you just had to post that Bucky picture. DAMN I loved that guy. He was 'my' guy on the Eagles during the Reid era. He could have been something special.
          I agree IMK...I still believe in him, we shall see...don't give up hope
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

remember when we drafted him, there was this HUGE Nebraska fan tht I was working with and he just went ON and ON about Bucky, saying we got just a GREAT talent. Had me all psyched......oh well.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Wasn't Barbaro a dark horse?

Edited for spelling........

Comment

Barbaro?
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Yeah, that's the one! LOL!!!!!!

Comment

My dark horse is Gaffney. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year. By the end of the season this kid will be a fan favorite and we'll be screaming for them to sign him long term. I like the combo of Brown and Gaffney with (BP's prediction not withstanding) Pinky as the #3 with speed to stretch the defense. By season's end we'll have a very nice WR corps again and we'll be asking ourselves TWho? (OK that's a stretch no one on the team will make us forget TO but the point is we have a better receiving corp than we realize. )
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

My dark horse is Avant. I think that by the end of the year he will become what McMullen was supposed to be, a legitimate and consistent possession receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by volbird
                        My dark horse is Avant. I think that by the end of the year he will become what McMullen was supposed to be, a legitimate and consistent possession receiver.
                        With the log jam and numbers at WR I'm not sure he gets enough reps to accomplish that. But it would be nice cause I really had high hopes for Billy Mac.

Comment

I agree that it is a long shot for a rookie receiver like Avant to play an active role. The reason I like his chances include that he has the reputation of being a precise route runner and has good size. With those traits, I think that he fills a niche that otherwise only McCants can fill, but I thought that a rap against McCants was that he didn't always finish off routes.

Comment

Some of my dark horses...

Will emerge and play well after being left for dead by fans: Mike McCoy, Hank Fraley

Will NOT emerge and play well after being left for dead by fans: Jerome McDougle

Will find themselves starting midway through the season: Jason Davis, Greg Richmond, Trent Cole

Will NOT find themselves starting midway through the season: Chris Gocong, Jabar Gaffney

Will become a BIG part of the offense: Ryan Moats

Will NOT become a big part of the offense: Matt Schobel

Comment

McCoy will be the suprise of the year!

Comment

I'm thinking either Perry or Bucky. The odds must be reasonable that ONE of them can make it through TC without an injury.

And I may have asked this somewhere else, but dont recall any answer....didn't Perry return kicks in College?

Comment

Working...
                                X