FoxSports Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxSports Power Rankings

I rarely pay any attention at all to power rankings, but these are done by Football Outsiders. They rank the Eagles at #9 and ahead of the rest of the NFC East (who bunch up from 12-14). I'm down with that ranking, I'd have a hard time putting a 6-10 team in the top 8. But this is one of the first offseason reports that understood that the Eagles were much more than Terrell Owens, and that a whole lot had to go wrong last year to finish 6-10.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5653114

It's hard to disagree with those rankings except that the Steelers should be ranked #1. They are the champs and nothing happened during the offseason to make them otherwise.

I realize the Ravens are ranked 20th... but they're still overrated.

Comment

I think the Refs should be #1. No one can ever beat the Refs.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I agree on Pittsburgh. They should be #1.

But, outside of that, I almost feel like shooting that guy a thank-you email for being the first guy to express what most of us that are close to the goings on with the team feels....that if we get healthy, we are a serious contender, and the best team in the division.

Comment

I can live with that. We need to prove ourselves but I think we're the class of the NFCE despite all these naysayers.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Do the Ravens have a new logo/uniform this season?
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
              Here they are:

Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

FINALLY!! An intelligent projection for the coming NFL season!

Merrill Hoge should be required to read Aaron Schatz' columns before he opens his mouth....that is, after Merril learns to read.

Comment

I rarely pay attention to these kind of lists, but when the guys at Football Outsiders speak, I listen. They know their sh!t over there - nice to see they're on the same page as we are.
                  The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                    It's hard to disagree with those rankings except that the Steelers should be ranked #1. They are the champs and nothing happened during the offseason to make them otherwise...
                    I never totally bought into that logic. A ranking for 2006 isn't a ranking based on who was the last man standing in 2005. Even though the Steelers won the Super Bowl it's very arguable that the were not the best team in the NFL last year, they just peaked at the right time and had a lot of things go their way. Great yes, #1 maybe, but if someone says they are NOT #1 I don't think it's an outrageous assertion.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
                      It's hard to disagree with those rankings except that the Steelers should be ranked #1. They are the champs and nothing happened during the offseason to make them otherwise...
                      I never totally bought into that logic. A ranking for 2007 isn't a ranking based on who was the last man standing in 2006. Even though the Steelers won the Super Bowl it's very arguable that the were not the best team in the NFL last year, they just peaked at the right time and had a lot of things go their way. Great yes, #1 maybe, but if someone says they are NOT #1 I don't think it's an outrageous assertion.
                      I frankly thought the Seahawks shouldve won the super bowl so I don't even think the Steelers were the best team last year. Still, if this was the Eagles, we'd all be having a shit fit. They are the champs and at least deserve some respect. They definitely are #1 when i publish my preseason power rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
                        I never totally bought into that logic. A ranking for 2006 isn't a ranking based on who was the last man standing in 2005. Even though the Steelers won the Super Bowl it's very arguable that the were not the best team in the NFL last year, they just peaked at the right time and had a lot of things go their way. Great yes, #1 maybe, but if someone says they are NOT #1 I don't think it's an outrageous assertion.
                        I frankly thought the Seahawks shouldve won the super bowl so I don't even think the Steelers were the best team last year. Still, if this was the Eagles, we'd all be having a shit fit. They are the champs and at least deserve some respect. They definitely are #1 when i publish my preseason power rankings.
                        But, with all due respect, if you don't think they are the best team in the league, but make them #1 anyway just because they were the best team LAST year and you don't want to "disrespect" them, then you aren't making a 2006 ranking, are you? So, I still don't get it. No one is disrespecting them if you don't think they are the best team RIGHT NOW. They had a great year LAST YEAR. Good for them. But if you are doing a 2006 Power Ranking and basing your rankings on last year, then it's not really a 2006 ranking, is it?

Taking it a step farther, if you make the Steelers #1 just because the won it all last year, don't you have to make the Seahawks #2 in your ranking? And the Panthers and the Broncos...don't you have to make them #3 and #4? Where do you stop?

Comment

If the Eagles won the Super Bowl, would you rank them anywhere but #1?

Comment

If the Eagles won the Super Bowl, would you rank them anywhere but #1?
                            If I was doing a ranking of the best teams of LAST YEAR, of course I would. If it was a Power Ranking for THIS year, I'd rank them #1 only if I truly believed they were the best team in the NFL. Isn't that what a Power Ranking is?

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                              Originally posted by leifdawg
                              Here they are:

ROFLMIAO!!!! Classic!
                              Pedro

Comment

Working...
                              X