48 Starters This Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Starters This Season

delete some big Salaries, have a good draft, and with the return of those on IR we are going to have a DEEP team next season. We will also be fairly young. I'm excited going forward.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I am also. I think the birds have a good mix of young and old depending on who gets retained. If they can keep Jeffrey and Aggie ( (maybe Tate) along with Ertz/Goedert they and get a speed guy they will have a formidable receiving corps. They need to look at RB but Clement should be back along with Adams and another better guy. OL definitely needs to be looked at but I think they have the basics. They need a mauler G who could develop into T to play alongside V next year. Finally the need an LB and sign some of the DL. Anyway, they have talent
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      I am also. I think the birds have a good mix of young and old depending on who gets retained. If they can keep Jeffrey and Aggie ( (maybe Tate) along with Ertz/Goedert they and get a speed guy they will have a formidable receiving corps. They need to look at RB but Clement should be back along with Adams and another better guy. OL definitely needs to be looked at but I think they have the basics. They need a mauler G who could develop into T to play alongside V next year. Finally the need an LB and sign some of the DL. Anyway, they have talent
      watching video of Mailata and knowing his freakish athletic ability, IMO he is your LT for the next 10+ years.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I know that you can't have it all but we really have close to junk at RB. We really need a stud there because all of the guys that we have now are pretty much a dime a dozen. Maybe Clement is still hurt but he's been disappointing this year after coming in with high expectations. Adams needs to gain 10-15 lbs or find another profession. Smallwood is the only one that seems to have any burst but he's had a 5 week rest so who the hell knows about him? We've got to hit on the draft on one this spring.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I agree on the RB front. They need a dynamic talent there. I'm not saying use our 1st rounder on one but we have 3 picks in the top 55 next year. Spend one on a RB.

Agholor is all but gone I think. He hasn't been overly effective and he's due to count $9.387MM on a team option in '19. That's $ better spent elsewhere to extend or sign FAs (not to mention they are severely over the cap this year and they need to create space).

We're going to need help in the secondary, depth on the O-Line and probably a DT next to Cox.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            I agree on the RB front. They need a dynamic talent there. I'm not saying use our 1st rounder on one but we have 3 picks in the top 55 next year. Spend one on a RB.

Agholor is all but gone I think. He hasn't been overly effective and he's due to count $9.387MM on a team option in '19. That's $ better spent elsewhere to extend or sign FAs (not to mention they are severely over the cap this year and they need to create space).

We're going to need help in the secondary, depth on the O-Line and probably a DT next to Cox.
            I suppose they could redo Aggy's contract because nobody is going to pay him that.

Comment

It's contract #2 for him and that is the payday in the NFL. Someone will give him guaranteed money up front with a multi-year deal and I doubt the Eagles will do it. He's a good team player and we'll always have last season with him but I think it's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                It's contract #2 for him and that is the payday in the NFL. Someone will give him guaranteed money up front with a multi-year deal and I doubt the Eagles will do it. He's a good team player and we'll always have last season with him but I think it's time to move on.
                I don't know Steve. Do they sign him or Tate?

Comment

I honestly don't believe he has shown enough to score a huge contract. Let him test the market

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    I honestly don't believe he has shown enough to score a huge contract. Let him test the market
                    I'm torn on him! I think this year isn't really on him. I think he has shown he can be a really good slot receiver. he was miscast after Wallace went down. Tate is better player though. Aggie probably stays if they can lower his cap number. But like everyone has said a stud RB and DT and especially O-line help is desperately needed

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      I'm torn on him! I think this year isn't really on him. I think he has shown he can be a really good slot receiver. he was miscast after Wallace went down. Tate is better player though. Aggie probably stays if they can lower his cap number. But like everyone has said a stud RB and DT and especially O-line help is desperately needed
                      I would say in that order too Rob. I don't think Jernigan will or should play again. I don't care what round we get that RB but we sure as hell need one! Ajayi was a stud but I doubt that he's ever going to be the same again with tat knee. The best that he's going to get is a prove it deal from whoever he signs with. I don't think that we have enough behind him to gamble on him again unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I don't know Steve. Do they sign him or Tate?
                        My guess is neither. They need to get a guy that can stretch the field. Neither of them has really shown the ability to do that. We might be able to get Mike Wallace back on a real low # and that's probably better than signing either Tate or Agholor for multi-years plus bonus. I think the slot receiver is going to be overrated in this offense moving forward because we'll see alot of 2 TE sets with Ertz and Goedert.

Comment

Doesn't help much if the 2 TE sets are needed just to protect the QB, and make the running game go.

Comment

I heard Groh say that they simplified things last week and were going to do that for whichever QB played. They didn't run any motion at all. He didn't go any further than that but it was kind of evident that they wanted 17 more involved.

Comment

The Eagles ran 36 of their 61 plays vs the Rams in "12" personnel (2 TEs). They did most of their running damage in this formation but Nick was also 9-12 for 112 yards w 2 TEs. I think they can get by with this formation meaning only 2 WRs and 2 TEs. Ertz and Goedert will get open.

Comment

Working...
                              X