Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    Anyone ever hear of People In Planes?
    I was tempted to buy it based on "If you talk too much. . ." because it is very catchy. Do you have it? If so - a review would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
      Anyone ever hear of People In Planes?
      Just listen to some of their stuff on their site. Not bad. Actually surprisingly good for something on Wind Up Records

Comment

I have a couple of songs but havent figured out if i should get the rest...

Comment

Where do you guys download from? Not that I encourage such a thing, of course.
          I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Do you have a mac, trufresh?

I must say that I download a lot of songs and if i like them, I'll buy the album. I have a bunch of albums that I've bought that have yet to be played in a CD player. I simply wanted to get the artist their money. I also will do this more often for small artists.

For example, I bought Rush's fly by night on VINYL. Now.. should I really have to pay them again for the mp3s? fuck that...

Comment

I am a Mac user, and I often try to take the same approach. I've used LimeWire and Poisoned, but they really aren't as "effective" as they once were.
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
                I am a Mac user, and I often try to take the same approach. I've used LimeWire and Poisoned, but they really aren't as "effective" as they once were.
                Acquisition is my preferred client for the mac.

I also have friends I trade with.

Comment

Bittorrent is great for full albums.
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Bought Wolf Parade yesterday. I see the Modest Mouse/Arcade Fire resemblance. I'll have to listen more though as the first couple of run throughs left me as "OK".

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                      Bought Wolf Parade yesterday. I see the Modest Mouse/Arcade Fire resemblance. I'll have to listen more though as the first couple of run throughs left me as "OK".
                      Sorry to hear that, steve. If it doesn't grow on you, let me know if I can burn you something.

Comment

Sometimes it takes a little while for things to grow on me. I recognize the first track from Sirius and I like it so the album may just need to take some roots first.

Comment

I have to add that it has taken me a couple of weeks but Thom Yorke's solo effort, "The Eraser" is really growing on me. Pay no attention to the fact it isn't due out until July.

Comment

Wooo, just saw David Bromberg with Linda Ronstadt last night. They put on a great 2 set show.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

You guys are right. Central Reservation is really good. I'm listening to it more than the new Keane album right now.

I also must recommend Kathleen Edwards' Back to Me again.

Comment

Glad you're liking it sf. It's her best work by far.

I'm off to see Mike Doughty at the TLA tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X