• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 332 LB OT Runs 4.84 WOW

so smooth doing it too.

Greg Robinson has the speed to go with his strength

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
    Getty Images There won’t be many times in his NFL career when Auburn tackle Greg Robinson needs to run 40 yards.
    But just in case, he’s going to be able to do it swiftly.
    Robinson continued an impressive weekend of measurements and workouts, by running his first 40-yard dash in a blazing 4.88 seconds, then topping it with a 4.84 on his second attempt.
    Consider that he’s a 6-foot-5, 332-pound man, and that’s remarkable, and part of the reason he’s expected to be a top-10 pick.
    But Robinson has also impressed in the other measurables, with 32 repetitions of the 225-pound bench press. That feat is made more impressive by the fact he has 35-inch long arms, and the longer your arms are, the harder is it to move heavy things often.
    It’s an impressive physical display for a guy who plays one of the premium positions, and will merit much more attention from teams jockeying around the top of the draft.

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

He is a beast. Long gone by time we pick.

I was unimpressed by the OL workouts. Jackson from miss st and cyris kuando... And yes i cant spell his name... They ran really slowly. Also slow 10 yard splits. Plus the bama kid had knee issues.

Both thise guys are gonna drop like stone.

I like the guard out of ucla as a LG with some ability to get to second level.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'd be pretty happy with Lewan at #21 - 4.79 40 at 300+ - trade peters for a high pick before he declines and move Johnson to LT and Lewan at RT. Wouldn't have to address the tackle position for 10+ years.

Comment

Longsnapper... Maybe?

I am not sold on Lewan at all though and especially not at RT. He is great on the speed rush but has been beaten a lot by power and when those edge guys flatten out and redirect to the inside.

Thats what makes robinson look so good because he has size and is a dancing bear able to handle speed on the edge and stone the inside move as well.

Just my opinion though.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Wow! That's crazy for someone that size

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            Longsnapper... Maybe?

I am not sold on Lewan at all though and especially not at RT. He is great on the speed rush but has been beaten a lot by power and when those edge guys flatten out and redirect to the inside.

Thats what makes robinson look so good because he has size and is a dancing bear able to handle speed on the edge and stone the inside move as well.

Just my opinion though.
            I'm biased as a UM guy but he's an athletic freak who's plenty strong and was rarely beaten - handled Clowney well in the 2013 bowl game. If there is any criticism I've heard is that he's quirky and somewhat undisciplined, but that has gotten better over the years. I doubt he'll last anywhere close to where the Eagles pick - but if he does they are crazy not to take him. He's perfect for the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by longsnapper View Post
              I'd be pretty happy with Lewan at #21 - 4.79 40 at 300+ - trade peters for a high pick before he declines and move Johnson to LT and Lewan at RT. Wouldn't have to address the tackle position for 10+ years.
              I think Peters can play another 5 years. Those offensive lineman can play forever if they want to.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I think Peters can play another 5 years. Those offensive lineman can play forever if they want to.
                3-5 years he should be ok, unless the best athlete available is an Olineman I would rather see the 6-8 more glaring holes filled . Barbre and Tobbin by all accounts are doing very well in their development .
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I hope we take an athletic guard in the first three rounds and load up on defense with every other pick.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    I hope we take an athletic guard in the first three rounds and load up on defense with every other pick.
                    I agree AW and the two guards I like in that 3rd, 4th rd area are Chris Watt (Notre Dame) & Gabe Jackson (Miss St).IMO Herremans was the weak link at RG last year & I don't know if he was hurt or just getting "long in the tooth". He should start in 2014 but the time is right to groom his replacement. Other than that, I say draft help at OLB, CB, & Safety.
                    Let's see what happens in FA first & then we can talk draft strategy.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Jackson is very limited athletically and would be a better fit for a power running team like the 49ers or steelers. He is huge!!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                        I agree AW and the two guards I like in that 3rd, 4th rd area are Chris Watt (Notre Dame) & Gabe Jackson (Miss St).IMO Herremans was the weak link at RG last year & I don't know if he was hurt or just getting "long in the tooth". He should start in 2014 but the time is right to groom his replacement. Other than that, I say draft help at OLB, CB, & Safety.
                        Let's see what happens in FA first & then we can talk draft strategy.
                        I always thought Herremans was a good fit at guard in a pass 1st offense but not so in a running offense. He needs to be a back up or gone, IMO.
                        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
                        X