2014 NFL DD Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland is gonna be a VERY good team
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• I think the issue now is that draft grades are just so team specific on the players left. I've seen a lot of odd picks in the last 20 or so

As for WR, we needed a couple. Maclin is on a one year deal and Cooper is average and we had little to no depth after that

There is no clear cut corner, safety or any defender so great that we had to take over Huff

Comment

• Is Moncrief still out there ?
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          BUT WE HAD TO REPLACE DJAXXXXXXZZZZZZ

I knew, like a lot of peeps, that Chip didn't give a shit about losing MeSean because he knew there were 20 WR's who he felt were talented enough to put up great numbers. And bigger too.

This was not the draft to improve the defense- this one was heavily weighted towards receivers.

Replacing Djax is not the issue. Failing to use a day one or two pick on DB is what irks me. Guess I am not as bright as all you"peeps" who know already how much better our passing D is going to be this year. 4936. Remember that number.....

Why worry?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
            Taylor Hart with the first pick of the 4th ?
            There may very well be several teams who really want the first pick tomorrow in order to grab someone they regard highly but didn't think would still be there after 3 rounds. Unless chip/Howie also have a guy they really want, I wouldn't be surprised to see another trade down for the suitor's 4th and 5th.

Comment

• I think there is someone they are slobbering over themselves

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                There may very well be several teams who really want the first pick tomorrow in order to grab someone they regard highly but didn't think would still be there after 3 rounds. Unless chip/Howie also have a guy they really want, I wouldn't be surprised to see another trade down for the suitor's 4th and 5th.
                what the fuck good are PICKS, instead of just getting players that actually improve your team.

piling up day three picks has never been a strategy that appealed to me.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Busy 3rd Round – Pick and a Trade

Posted: May 9th, 2014 | Author:Tommy Lawlor | Filed under:Philadelphia Eagles | 134 Comments »

The Eagles traded out of pick 83. They gave that to the Texans and got a 4th rounder and 5th rounder in return. Both picks are the first in those rounds. That’s important, but I’ll cover that later.
                  At pick 86 the Eagles added another WR, Josh Huff from Oregon.
                  I like Huff quite a bit. He is 5-11, 205. He can play in the slot. Huff is quick and fast. He will work the middle of the field. Huff has good RAC skills. He also adds value as a KOR. Huff exploded as a Senior, going 62-1140-12. He took the step from being a role player to being a star player. He projects to being a role player in the NFL.
                  Obviously Huff is a good fit for the offense since he played in the scheme at Oregon and thrived. He should be able to fit in quickly and immediately push for playing time.
                  I didn’t have Huff rated this early, but I do like him a lot as a player. I would have had him slotted more in the 4th round area. That’s not significantly different that pick 86, though, so this isn’t some crazy move. And I think the fact that Chip knows him so well had to help the Eagles grade on Huff. They know he’ll block. They know he’ll play STs. And so on. Not as much projection with a guy like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    what the fuck good are PICKS, instead of just getting players that actually improve your team.

piling up day three picks has never been a strategy that appealed to me.
                    I'm not endorsing the idea.,,simply raising the distinct possibility. We all have seen Howie the Horse Trader in action before.

And just to be clear, I'm not inclined to go dancing in the streets after our first 3 picks (and associated maneuvers).

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                      Replacing Djax is not the issue. Failing to use a day one or two pick on DB is what irks me. Guess I am not as bright as all you"peeps" who know already how much better our passing D is going to be this year. 4936. Remember that number.....

Why worry?
                      I hear ya. I heard some talking head, forget who, saying that the Eagles and Chipper likes long DBs and none of the ones available at their pick spots fit this mold. Whether that's true or not, it might explain the drafting rationale.

I'm not that bright, but then again, most draft geeks gave low grades for the DB's unless you got one in the first round.

I'm still not sold on the Smith pick, to be honest- I'm keep thinking of Jon Harris.

Comment

• I can see dealing the pick but only to someone like the Jets or Raiders in exchange for two 4th rounders - Jets have 4 and 14 in the round and the Raiders have similar but a few picks later. Maybe throw in Graham to get that done, since he's a goner anyway.

I like some of the linebackers available - Telvin Smith from FL St., Jordan Tripp from MT, I could see Cyril Richardson or Seantrel Henderson as a versatile OL with talent but issues that if solved could be really good players, or Desir or Marqueston Huff (versatile, like Chip likes them) on the back end. I'd also be ok with Savage to displace Barkley if they went that way.

Comment

• check out the strength on the KOR at the 2:45 mark

Last edited by musicman; 05-10-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            heck out the strength on the KOR at the 2:45 mark

Thanks MM. Kid looks like a stud!!
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Entering Day 3:

Telvin Smith
                              Christian Jones
                              Sentrall Henderson
                              Logan Thomas... If he will move to TE
                              Max Bullough
                              Craig Loston
                              James Hurst
                              Ronald Powell
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                                Entering Day 3:

Telvin Smith
                                Christian Jones
                                Sentrall Henderson
                                Logan Thomas... If he will move to TE
                                Max Bullough
                                Craig Loston
                                James Hurst
                                Ronald Powell
                                CB - Pierre Desir
                                LB - Jordan Zumwalt
                                T - Laurent Duvernayo-Tardif
                                T- Urschell
                                DE -Taylor Hart

Comment

Working...
                                X