X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me a little concerned.

from phillyburbs.

Where's Donovan?

Coach Andy Reid said he tried to call Donovan McNabb just before the Kevin Kolb pick but wasn't able to reach him and left him a voice mail. He said Sunday he still hasn't heard from McNabb.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

The guy is already sensitive, imagine how sensitive he will be now. Either this will motivate him to step up or we will be talking about Kolb sooner than later..

Comment

Well, tough shit. McNabb's been coddled every since the draft debacle. He;'s 30 years old so grow up a little Donny.

That being said, he's probably on vacation in the islands, nothing to worry about.

Comment

I don't see how anyone can claim that Donnovan is overly sensitive, he has had to put up with more crap than possibly any player in the history of any sport.

It's also not very usual for Andy to just throw out a comment like that, what was the context.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

What's there to tlk about. Hey Donovan, we just drafted your eventual replacement. It's up to YOU as to when that actually happens.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Well, I think the black players who integrated all pro sports had it far, far worse than Donny ever had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luzinski's Gut
              Well, I think the black players who integrated all pro sports had it far, far worse than Donny ever had it.
              True. But, Donnie's had to deal with a lot in the modern era - including racial intolerance ( Rush Limbaugh).
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Reid deserves this. The pick makes no sense unless McNabb has 2-3 years left and that's it.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

For $100M I'll deal with the same problems as McNabb, like playing pro sports for a living and getting paid better than 99.9% of the populace. Outside of Limbaughs stupidity and the draft day debacle, Don's had a nice life.

Comment

They're the Philadelphia Eagles, not the McNabbs, not the Dawkinses, not the Reids.....hell, not even the Banners, Luries or Fans.

They've shown that quarterbacks not named McMahon or Detmer.......guys named Garcia and even Feeley.....can move the ball with a good offensive game plan.....whether it was a panic move, a trade bait move, or a plan for the future, no one's above the team, not even the star quarterback, RB, WR or whatever. DMac, more than anyone, knows this. I think that DMac's parents, teammates and coaches have been protective of him.....but some fans, and a certain cancer teammate who now plays in Dallas, and the hyenas in the TV and print media have done anything but coddle him. I hope that, like Dawkins, he retires as an Eagle.
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

For $100M I'll deal with the same problems as McNabb, like playing pro sports for a living and getting paid better than 99.9% of the populace. Outside of Limbaughs stupidity and the draft day debacle, Don's had a nice life.
                      Him and his family being called ni***** by the fans when the Eagles didn't start off good. They were yelling that at his family too. Having shit thrown at him when he was leaving the field.

Money is nice but it doesn't make up for all of the crap he's had to endure. People wonder why he holds a grudge.
                      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Racial slurs are obviously way over the top.

I like McNabb but he seems to be seen as a martyr by a section of Eagles fans, and I just don't buy into that line of thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                          Him and his family being called ni***** by the fans when the Eagles didn't start off good. They were yelling that at his family too. Having shit thrown at him when he was leaving the field.

Money is nice but it doesn't make up for all of the crap he's had to endure. People wonder why he holds a grudge.
                          You also gotta remember that the NFL wasn't as big of a media blitz as it is now. Sure they probably took crap at games from fans in the stands and probably even from their white coaches and team mates. But they didn't have people talking trash about them on TV 24/7. They didn't have reporters following them around from the second they step out of their houses. I wasn't alive but I imagine most of the guys back then could walk down the street and not get noticed by most people. These days, Millions of people across the country would recognize McNabb's face in a heartbeat and I'm sure he get's plenty of snide remarks directed at him when he's out and about with his family.

Comment

Racial slurs are obviously way over the top.

I like McNabb but he seems to be seen as a martyr by a section of Eagles fans, and I just don't buy into that line of thought.
                            I wouldn't call him a martyr, but ame another athlete that has had to put up with much crap (most of it unwarranted).

Comment

Here we go....McNabb hasn't talked to Reid yet (that we or the media knows of) and all of the McNabb is sensitive and is coddled talk gets thrown out.

Please, it's spring time, and Donovan didn't return a call to AR? And that's something to be worried or concerned about?

As for the sensitive part....I don't think he is at all. For as much trash that gets talked about the guy, I think he has some serious thick skin. It's hard to believe a guy who is as good as he is, and just as good of a person, gets so much bs thrown his way, and yet he handles it all with unbelievable class.

It's a real shame a percentage of the Eagles fan base has no clue how lucky we have been to have a qb like McNabb.
                              Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Working...
                              X