No announcement yet.

Jalen Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again.... you have a glaring giant problem.... the Defensive backfield.

Fix this problem! Just get it done.

As far as these guys getting back? He’ll, we all knew that this is this teams weakness.... quantity doesn’t outweigh talent....... go get some.

Comment

I'm torn on this

1. I hate our D system and not sure they'd be smart enough to even put Ramsey in the right position

2. our pass rush is not what it was the last 2 years and that exposes DBs

3. Wentz just cashed in and we are tight on the cap. The last two drafts have brought in low volume talent. We need our picks to get some youth and depth

I'd give up a first and some players. I would not give up two firsts. That could really set our team back

Comment

You make an interesting comment about low volume talent. Are you commenting on the number of picks or quality of talent. I will say I never liked the Jones pick but Goedert certainly has talent and I think Maddox and Sanders have talent. JAW hasn't shown yet but there are flashes. Douglas was pretty good eyeing talent but I agree guys aren't flashing their first year. But that is to be seen this year with JAW and Sanders. We do need some young high end talent though. Team age isn't very young
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I guess that I'm the only guy around here that doesn't hate Schwartz. He's had 3 top 5 defenses with 3 different teams and we're lucky to have him. I could see him and Ramsey clashing though because Schwarz is a my way or the highway type coach.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The only thing I see there 60 is that Ramsey likes to play up on his man and Schwartz is a 10 yard off guy
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              The only thing I see there 60 is that Ramsey likes to play up on his man and Schwartz is a 10 yard off guy
              Schwartz did try some press coverage Thursday and our guys got beat like a drum. Maybe Schwartz would welcome a guy like Ramsey?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Schwartz did try some press coverage Thursday and our guys got beat like a drum. Maybe Schwartz would welcome a guy like Ramsey?
                Honestly none of these can play any type of corner play. Off, Press, etc.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Now there's a comforting thought.

Comment

its the first time he did it all year, and he chose Rogers as the time to do it?

Schwartz is fine when having a ton of talent. His schemes suck and the opposition knows it

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      I would argue with "how the hell do we know?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        You make an interesting comment about low volume talent. Are you commenting on the number of picks or quality of talent. I will say I never liked the Jones pick but Goedert certainly has talent and I think Maddox and Sanders have talent. JAW hasn't shown yet but there are flashes. Douglas was pretty good eyeing talent but I agree guys aren't flashing their first year. But that is to be seen this year with JAW and Sanders. We do need some young high end talent though. Team age isn't very young
                        I like the picks. My concern is the low number two years in a row. This is becoming an older roster and not that deep

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                          its the first time he did it all year, and he chose Rogers as the time to do it?

Schwartz is fine when having a ton of talent. His schemes suck and the opposition knows it
                          Right. That's why Brandon Marshall said that by far he confuses wrs better than any other DC in the league. Oh yeah, everybody was scared to death he'd get an HC job and leave after the SB. We've gone through at least 15 different dbs in the last two years including guys that were taken off the street or retired yet you can't understand why they all can't cover like Deon Sanders. We've been playing with one DT and a bunch of backups and we have two decent DEs. Our starting LBs just showed up last week. He's holding together a patchwork team so I maybe you should rethink some of your attitude towards Schwartz Dawk.

Comment

Maybe Chris Harris becomes available pretty cheap?

Chris Harris, Jr.: Trade

Before the season even started, many were in agreement that this would be Harris' last season with the Broncos. And that was when many thought this team would actually be decent and win games. Sitting at 0-4, you have to think the undrafted [eventual] Ring-of-Famer is playing his last season with the team.

So do you trade him?

Well, that depends on what you'd get back for him. Since Harris will be an unrestricted free agent this upcoming offseason, you would have to make sure you're getting more back in a trade for him now than you would net in a compensatory pick after he signs with another team.

The best compensatory pick any team can receive is a third-rounder. Harris just turned 30 a few months ago so that will surely factor into his next contract. The highest-paid CBs in the league right now (who are in their prime) are getting no more than $15M per year. If Harris were able to land say a three-year/$42M deal, he would likely only return a fourth-round compensatory pick.

You also need to keep in mind that compensatory pick would be a 2021 selection. And the value of a 2021 fourth-round pick is roughly equal to a 2020 fifth-rounder.

With all that said, the Broncos should trade Harris this year, but the team has to get at least a 2020 third-round pick back (and hopefully more) for it to be worth it. This would guarantee a better return than Denver could hope for if the team just let him walk as a free agent this upcoming offseason.

The last important consideration here is that Harris could very well sign a one-year deal this offseason, which would result in no comp pick for Denver (similar to what will happen with Shaq Barrett). So if you can get the pick in hand now, it would avoid this as a possibility.

The other benefit to moving Harris now is an increase in playing time for the Broncos' young cornerbacks. There is a lot of youth behind Harris on this roster — Isaac Yiadom, De'Vante Bausby, Duke Dawson, and Devantae Harris. Having a better idea of what you have with these guys going into the offseason would be invaluable.

It would be incredibly difficult to trade a player like Chris Harris, Jr., but if he's going to walk after the season anyway, you need to maximize the return you can get on him.

Comment

And this-he's relatively cheap for a half season rental

Chris Harris, Broncos. He signed a one-year contract this offseason and could be just a rental for the remainder of his $11 million deal. But the Eagles are trying to win now and Harris, at his best, is a premium corner. He also knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

Comment

Chris Harris, Broncos. He signed a one-year contract this offseason and could be just a rental for the remainder of his $11 million deal. But the Eagles are trying to win now and Harris, at his best, is a premium corner. He also knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl.
                                I know I am in minority here but I would go strong after Harris and think he is a better option than Ramsey. Why? Cost. I think they can get Harris for a 3rd and maybe a lower pick or a lower player. Ramsey is not only going to cost multiple high picks, he is going to want a new contract either right away or at least in the offseason. He is not going to play on his 5th year option. He is going to want the most money every for a CB (and maybe rightly so) but looking at that plus the cost its really prohibitive for most teams.

I think getting Harris gets us very close to the same result with a lower cost. At 30 they could resign Harris for a few years or simply let him walk at the end of the year just like they did with Golden Tate.
                                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                                X