A Quick Question About The Romo Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick Question About The Romo Play

I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble? It looked like he was stretching the ball out when he hit the ground. Why wasn't the play dead when his knee was down? It that's not ruled a fumble would the spot of been a 1st down? It's hard to fumble in the NFL, the rules make it that way, I'm surprised there wasn't more scrutiny that he was down by contact.
    Redskins Suck Ass

I don't think they actually ruled it a fumble. He was down at the 2 and the 1st down was inside the 1.

3-7-SEA8 (1:53) T.Romo pass short right to J.Witten to SEA 1 for 7 yards (L.Tatupu, J.Peterson). Play Challenged by Review Assistant and REVERSED. T.Romo pass short right to J.Witten to SEA 2 for 6 yards (L.Tatupu, J.Peterson).
    4-1-SEA9 (1:19) (Field Goal formation) T.Romo FUMBLES (Aborted) at SEA 9, and recovers at SEA 9. T.Romo to SEA 2 for 7 yards (J.Babineaux).
    Seattle Seahawks at 01:14
    1-10-SEA2 (1:14) S.Alexander left tackle to SEA 22 for 20 yards (T.Parrish).

Comment

He was down before the first down marker.

Comment

Correct. It wasn't a fumble. He didn't get the first down. That's what made that tackle so incredibly good, and the whole play and scenerio leading up to it so amazing. Romo was about 1/2 yard short of the first down.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
          Correct. It wasn't a fumble. He didn't get the first down. That's what made that tackle so incredibly good, and the whole play and scenerio leading up to it so amazing. Romo was about 1/2 yard short of the first down.
          As I suggested in another thread, the Gods wanted it this way to punish Romo's "tragic flaw" of pridefulness.. Had Romo been tackled well short of the 1st down/goal line, he wouldn't be suffering nearly as much... and thus, much less enjoyment for the Gods!

Moral: Don't piss off the Gods by dating silicone enhanced beauties and wearing your hat backwards, as if you're a bad dude from the 'hood!

Comment

what struck me is that the game ended the same way as their last game of the season against detroit. tough way to lose.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

is there video of this play somewhere?

Comment

My favorite part was that for a split second, he actually thought he was going to score. Then reality hit him from behind. Priceless.
                I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Talk about a game of inches...

the foot that just barely was out of bounds on the endzone fumble recovery.... just short of the first down that would have given them a chance to score a TD or run the clock down..... just inches short of the first down after the botched FG run.
                  Pedro

Comment

It sure is nice to watch this kind of stuff happen to other teams besides the Eagles. We've had enough of crap like that.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                      It sure is nice to watch this kind of stuff happen to other teams besides the Eagles. We've had enough of crap like that.
                      Felt sorry for Romo yesterday, but agree more with this now. I saw the link to the Dallas message boards, one of the posts kept going on about "Hold your head high, you're part of a great football legacy that has gone to the Super Bowl eight times, we will return to greatness, blah blah blah..." Their fans could use the humility and the reality check.
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                        Originally posted by Blitz
                        Felt sorry for Romo yesterday, but agree more with this now. I saw the link to the Dallas message boards, one of the posts kept going on about "Hold your head high, you're part of a great football legacy that has gone to the Super Bowl eight times, we will return to greatness, blah blah blah..." Their fans could use the humility and the reality check.
                        Funny. I guess we'd be saying the same thing if we were them, but still...yes, they have gone to the Super Bowl 8 times, but how many people can remember any of them anymore. They haven't won a play-off game in OVER TEN YEARS.

Comment

After watching the replay of that FG I am actually amazed that Romo didnt get the 1st down and secondly how the defender who was blocked (although by the kicker) got around the block and still made the tackle. It was just unbelievable. I actually did feel sorry for Romo for about 3 seconds then I returned to normalcy!!
                          I miss Philly!

Comment

I didn't feel "sorry" for Romo. He wears the blue star on his helmet. No one feels sorry for Eagle players (much less Eagle fans) when fate and chance strike the collective heart of the Eagle Nation. I wouldn't celebrate the Cowboys gaffes and rejoice in their misery. No point in tempting fate.

Romo's not a bad guy, he just plays on the wrong team...

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal
                              is there video of this play somewhere?
                              Of course there is...
                              " width="425" height="344">
                              " />

Seeing it again, it looks like Gramatica couldn't do much to block for Romo because of all the chaos. Plus, let's be real, he's probably no David Akers.

And Seattle would've still had about 1:15 left to try to get downfield against Dallas' swiss cheese secondary.

Still........
                              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                              X