#4 Overall Pick | Target Two Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    One of the worst secondaries in the HISTORY of the NFL and we are going to take a right tackle with the 4th pick. There is one and only one player we need to target Dee Milliner CB Alambama. We need a building block for the secondary. The offensive line has Peters, Heremens and Mathis to build around

Agree. Secondary has to come first. Cover corner and rangy safety who can cover and hit.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

The addition of Joeckel and the return to health of Peters would make the Oline pretty damn good. Mathis and Herremans as your guards and Kelce (no matter what line principles) is solid and Dunlap,Kelly,Reynolds gained a ton of experience and would be good,solid backups and maybe a change helps Watkins.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
        TP: I think that is a valid option. I guess we have to look not at BPA, but where the drop-off is for BPA by position of need. Can we go Millner and get a decent tackle later or are we better off going with a strong tackle and going DB or other later. It is too early to debate much, as FA will better line out what are real needs are.
        True. The new regime's philosophy will also have to be accounted for as well. Suffice it to say that I'd be surprised to see the team stick with Mudd's scheme after Mudd's retirement/Reid's dismissal.

Comment

We are likely going to have to go OL with the first pick, I agree. But we desperately HAVE to put a decent secondary on the field. The most talented of the four is DRC, easily. So, we HAVE to bring him back, and get him to buy in to the new regime. That is our best shot. Then supplement the secondary and defense as a whole with the later picks in the draft.

Keep DRC and Allen, dump the rest and replace as best you can. Can they get any worse?????
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I never want to see Nate Allen back there again. Ever.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
              I never want to see Nate Allen back there again. Ever.
              Looks like 4 new guys in the secondary although I'd say Boykin or Marsh may be a starting CB next year.

Comment

yep. Give Boykin a shot. He's short but he has fight and he's skilled. The poor rookies on this team had to just live a nightmare this year.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                  I never want to see Nate Allen or Kurt Coleman back there again. Ever.
                  fixed
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I would go:

1. Joeckel if available but I don't think he will be. If he is not available I'd go Moore.

2. Matt Elam, SS, Florida

3. Tyrann Matheiu (Honey Badger) to play alongside DRC and Boykin
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

You're going to pick Honey Badger after having the problem with idiot character guys the past 2-3 years per Avant, McCoy etc?
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The Honey Badger will be picked up like Bryce brown, the LB from Arizona (Berklick?) and other problem child. He is under sized for a safety position but could be a ST kind of guy. I think he will wash out due to character issues.

Comment

This guy won't drop to us but imagine if we could have Kendricks, Jarvis Jones, Ryans and Brandon Graham as our LB's in Pittsburgh style 3-4 defense?

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'm not really commenting on the overall premise, but Ryans was available to us for cheap in part because he was such a bad fit as an ILB in the 3-4 defense that Houston used this year and last.

Comment

Originally posted by longsnapper View Post
                              I'm not really commenting on the overall premise, but Ryans was available to us for cheap in part because he was such a bad fit as an ILB in the 3-4 defense that Houston used this year and last.
                              * I think he was available cheap because Cushing emerged as the key ILB in that scheme and Ryans wasn't as dynamic as he was due to recovering from his injury.

Right now - Houston would take Ryans back. Trust me.
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Honey Badger has his issues but so did Janoris Jenkins. We need some locker room leaders but we also need so thugs that play HARD. HB is that plus he plays really big for his 5-9, 195 pound size.... A real Ed Reed type.
                                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X