Reid vs. Parcells and the Flea-Flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid vs. Parcells and the Flea-Flickr

I think the most undervalued aspect of this game was the huge cajones shown by Reid in using an absolutely CLASSIC Parcells "ism" with the flea flicker from the 50 yard line. And it fucking worked!

Parcells burned us with that one at least once in Dallas if I remember correctly, and he's almost watch-timing predictable with that once his O gets a first down close to the 50 in a tight game.

That Reid had the balls to call that play right on Parcells in the middle of the 4th speaks volumes to me, and kudos to McNabb, Westbrook, and Brown for making it happen. That was absolutely fucking beautiful.

Oh, absolutely. I was at a sports bar today -- remember, Baltimore doesn't play until tomorrow -- and most of the fans were from other teams. Eagles, Dallas (cool guys), NYG, Indianapolis, Redskins, you name it.

The whole freaking bar stood up when that ball was tossed back to McNabb. Everyone was yelling, "OHH!!!!!!" whether you were an Eagles fan or not.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
      Oh, absolutely. I was at a sports bar today -- remember, Baltimore doesn't play until tomorrow -- and most of the fans were from other teams. Eagles, Dallas (cool guys), NYG, Indianapolis, Redskins, you name it.

The whole freaking bar stood up when that ball was tossed back to McNabb. Everyone was yelling, "OHH!!!!!!" whether you were an Eagles fan or not.
      What bar?

Comment

Nice play call, and a better throw and catch by McNabb and Brown.

Comment

MD,

It's a local watering hole about a mile or two from my house, a bar and restaurant called "Tully's." I know that (especially) Magerks in Federal Hill and maybe the Downtown Sports Exchange are more likely to have Eagles fans, but I was too lazy to make the longer drives!
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

Magerks is, and they just opened a new place here in Bel Air... looking forward to going there maybe next week.

Tully's rte one, just above the beltway?

Comment

That's the one, MD!

Magerks is opening up a branch in Bel Air? Cool! I know a couple of bartenders at Looney's too, but I haven't been there in a while.
              — Michael Strahan

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                That's the one, MD!

Magerks is opening up a branch in Bel Air? Cool! I know a couple of bartenders at Looney's too, but I haven't been there in a while.
                Magerks is already open up here and Looney's??? My son has his own bar stool over there!

Comment

Maybe we need a Maryland get together

Comment

Great point Arch! That play was awesome!! Not to nitpick but it was Bucky not Westbrook so he gets the credit. Man what a great game this was today!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

McNabb has been so accurate this years its unreal. I mean he is making ALL the throws.

And they arent easy either. Especially when defenses know Reid prefers the air attack. There is very little room for error.
                      Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

Bama the throw to Baskett was amazing. It was absolutly perfect. Go back and watch that again and you'll see him duck under someone and step up and unload quickly and he put it exactly where he needed to on that play.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

That is probably the best TD pass I have seen McNabb make. What an effort by Baskett to break that tackle. I loved that McNabb was congratulating Jackson for picking up the blitz after the play.

Then the throw to Reggie was almost just as nice.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Agreed.

Reid used Dallas' aggressiveness against them both on the Baskett play and the flea-flicker.

Pat Watkins is a rookie who is so worried about coming up to stop the run he can be beaten. He was taken advantage of on both plays. On the Baskett play he bit on the double move.

Roy Williams is a guy who stinks at coverage too and can be punked.

McNabb is playing out of his mind. I love it. Him stepping up into the pocket on the Baskett play was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                              Great point Arch! That play was awesome!! Not to nitpick but it was Bucky not Westbrook so he gets the credit. Man what a great game this was today!!
                              Very valid point Juke, since the play WOULD NOT work if they handed off to Westy. Everyone knows we wont run Westy.

But, if you think about it, we very rarely pass to Bucky, so teams are looking for the run the few times he gets in. I'm sure they ran him earlier in the same formation to see how they respond to Bucky up the middle. AR is famous for adjusting from those scripted plays.
                              Pedro

Comment

Working...
                              X