Just what you wanted to hear about officiating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what you wanted to hear about officiating

Mike Pereira just said on TNF that the league is asking it's officials to concentrate on missed calls so if you think that there are too many flags now just wait until this Sunday. Isn't that just great news?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

How do they concentrate on missed calls? So does that mean more holding calls on the Cowboys O line or just the Eagles?m Or maybe call the blatant helmet to helmet contact penalty the Cowboys have done the past two games!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      How do they concentrate on missed calls? So does that mean more holding calls on the Cowboys O line or just the Eagles?m Or maybe call the blatant helmet to helmet contact penalty the Cowboys have done the past two games!
      I think that it's going to be back to 4 hour games Rob. Mike Pereira even said a couple of those holding calls were bullshit last night "but it was a point of emphasis" at the last meeting that they had. The coaches must have been bitching and now they're going to get what they asked for I guess.

Comment

How do you concentrate on missed calls? Do they think 'oh I missed that call so I should call it' or will the line judge ask the back judge 'Did I miss a call'? If it is missed it is missed.
        Maybe the super judge watching the game from his couch in NY or wherever should be the one calling down to the field saying I think you missed one and the head ref should look at the replay when there is an obvious missed call. Otherwise let the refs call the game and when you go into game review during the week the head ref should be calling out the ref that missed the call. At the end of the year fire refs that suck. BTW that should also apply to idiots who call every sneeze on the field.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

What they should do is fine these idiots on special teams $1 million for every block in the back penalty they get. WTF is so hard about not knowing where a guy's back is???????????? If you do that in a football game you are too stupid to live and when you get to the sideline you should be shot.

Comment

Welcome to the NFL - the Nonstop Flag League.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

More time on the tube = more $$$$$$
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                More time on the tube = more $$$$$$
                That's what you would think but for some reason the networks complained that the games were too long. They want games to end on time for some reason. That's why they changed the rules stopping the clock for out of bounds and limited challenges for replays. Do you remember when they used to have a ref in the booth who could stop the game anytime he wanted to to review a play? The league got rid of it because it made the games longer and then went to the coaches having limited challenges.

Comment

The NFL needs refs who can run up and down the field for 60 minutes and have 20-20 uncorrected eye site. Most of these guys look like they cant run 20 yards. I hate to say it , but mandatory retirement age of 55(I am 59, so I can say it!).
                  Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                    The NFL needs refs who can run up and down the field for 60 minutes and have 20-20 uncorrected eye site. Most of these guys look like they cant run 20 yards. I hate to say it , but mandatory retirement age of 55(I am 59, so I can say it!).
                    There is a lot of truth in that beagle. They did go to 7 officials though so the field judges don't have to cover very much ground anymore. https://operations.nfl.com/the-offic...-positions/The super slow motion make calls look a lot worse than they are sometimes . At least you can understand why they are missed (or shouldn't even be called PI if it's that close). I don't think anybody's eyesight is that good. They should have a Super Ref in the booth to correct more obvious stuff though even for some judgement calls. They shouldn't even have that illegal contact in the rulebook if you ask me.

Comment

They shouldn't have that Tom Brady , breathing on the QB 15 yard penalty shit either
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                      X