No announcement yet.

observations Eagles - Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wentz missed on a couple of throws that would have resulted in big chunk plays. Last year, he makes those throws. I'm not sure what is up with him, but he's missing too many open guys.

Last year, the Eagles had injuries. Every team has injuries. But, I think it's much harder to deal with when you get hit hard in a particular position group. I don't think it matters whether it's the O-line, or the D-line, or in our case, the secondary, when you lose 3 or 4 guys in a position group, you are in trouble. They really miss Darby and McLeoud. I agree that leaving a Bausby singled up on Cooper is a recipe for disaster, so the scheme can certainly be questioned.

They really miss Reich and DeFillipo also. The playcalling was mind numbingly bad at times. I didn't know Carson was calling the plays in the fourth quarter, but they certainly seemed to move the ball a lot better. Might want to stick with that approach.

The refs were horrible.

Gotta give the team credit for fighting as hard as they did, despite all the injuries. It sucks to lose a game like that for sure, but I agree that the Eagles weren't going to win the division even if they won last night.

Comment

More defensive stats from this game, 99 plays allowed most by an Eagle team ever, 3rd most in NFL history. We already know this was the most yards ever givin up by the Eagles defense. Folks as much as we can blame the offense and they really have a ton of blame this defense is the worst I have ever seen by the Eagles. Blame for this starts with Schwartz and he should br fired after this year, Howie for not going out and get better replacement players after the injuries and the players. Let’s remember only Bausby and Leblanc were not with this team last year of the players that were out on the field yesterday. They should know whatever system Schwartz is trying to play and I am not sure what he is trying to do.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        Well its been a shitty last 5 months for me, Folks around me passing away, work not going well but my only saving grace is sports. Losing the way we lost today between the poor play, poor play calling, etc. it just adds to it.

1. Wentz terrible game for 3 quarters, looked great in the 4th. Interesting that Eskin reported that Wentz went to Doug a the begining of the 4th quarter and said let me call the plays. He did and look what happened. Let me say this, that is a damning thing for both Doug and Groh.

Don't know if true, but if it is it needs to happen more. BUT-- every situation is different and each one is fluid, so some combination of the Coach and/or the QB calling plays should be used.

2. Speaking of Doug and Groh I think they need to hire a new offensive coordinator and Doug should give up the play calling. Too much talent on this offense to be playing like this.

See above.

3. The officiating in this game cost us the game. Sorry but its true. How they screwed up the first play of the game is unbelievable. Then to continue throughout the game head scratching call after head scratching call some on Dallas most on the Eagles. The damage is done I have had it with the officiating in this game. Its not that they were for Dallas, its they are just incompetent. Lurie should be hot about this, he is just as respected as Jones in this league and he should be chirping and chirping hard about his team being jobbed like there were today. Pay the fine who cares show us Fans you are with us and care.

I am one who doesn't spend all day here complaining about the announcers or the refs, but this game was/is an exception. The Refs last night were truly horrible. there is no other way to say it, they stunk. I saw one of the replays that shows Hill with that ball at the bottom of the scrum, also their own guy in the booth said if there were no Cowboys in the area and there were none, then you can assume recovery by the Birds as 3 players were there--- but NY still said no clear recovery. Then the other terrible call was the OPI on Godderts TD, that was just a blown call and gives even more rise to call for a super Ref to overturn such obvious bullshit calls. They need to send that whole games tape to the league.

4. Goedert had a great game, should have had two touchdowns and went over 100 yards. Helleva run on that TD that was a TD. Oh and if somebody says to you well we still scored on that drive, yes we did but it took another 3 minutes. We could have got the ball back before the game ended.

5. Schwartz did what he could in this game but the fact that he can't develop 2nd and 3rd round picks like Douglas, Jones etc. is a huge factor in why he should be gone after this year.

If his scheme is THAT dependent on only starters making it work then he needs to be prepared to change it up and from what I see he is not changing it up enough. But it does seem that just about all the coaches have been dealt bad hands this entire year with less talent to work with.

6. Once again another game another bunch of injures, Clement, Sweat, Suemolo, Jones (yet again), every week it seems like we are losing 3 to 4 guys. Never seen this much of a problem.

Can only tribute this to the football gods.... although we have seen this for 2 years in a row..... Just sayin!

7. Dallas has a good defense but their offense blows, they will win the division but lose in the first round of the playoffs. As Buddy you to say I would rather be lucky that good. Well Dallas has a bunch of luck right now

Cooper has been a BIG BIG addition, but I agree they will go no where.

8. Its clear we need a running back. Adams, Clement both should be here next year but they need a bell cow. It helps the offense more than we think. Amazing after the first drive Adams couldn't do anything.
        This is why I was against at least not making a play for Blount. But IMM, a lot of the RB problems , aside from injury, is on the O-Line.... dead horse here but for 2 years I have been calling for the organization to build this up, Wentz IS the future and he needs to be protected and besides pass pro, we need the running game to sell all the play actions and rpo's--- but IMM we don't have the depth and the starters are starting to show their deficiencies.

9. Interesting that they went away from Ertz and more to Goedert in the 4th quarter, those who say Wentz is concentrating on Ertz may be wrong as he was calling the plays in the 4th quarter (as least Eskin said), and he was spreading the ball around.

Lets wait for the facts here. But I am very very disappointed in the lack of targets for the entire WR group.

10. Cox, Bennett, Bradham and Rasul Douglas all had very good games on defense but yet we gave up just short of 600 yards to that offense. Incredible. It really does say that Schwartz has to go.

What it shows me is that we don't have the talent out there, or maybe not even on the roster, to have a "good" Defense.

Overall a disappointing year. We need to get to the offseason, reset some coaching, bring in some different talent that fits more what we do (and on defense I am not sure what that is).
        This I agree with. IMM, we have the talent at the O skill positions, and the Dline--- but every place else needs to be looked at very deeply.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          Wentz missed on a couple of throws that would have resulted in big chunk plays. Last year, he makes those throws. I'm not sure what is up with him, but he's missing too many open guys.

Last year, the Eagles had injuries. Every team has injuries. But, I think it's much harder to deal with when you get hit hard in a particular position group. I don't think it matters whether it's the O-line, or the D-line, or in our case, the secondary, when you lose 3 or 4 guys in a position group, you are in trouble. They really miss Darby and McLeoud. I agree that leaving a Bausby singled up on Cooper is a recipe for disaster, so the scheme can certainly be questioned.

They really miss Reich and DeFillipo also. The playcalling was mind numbingly bad at times. I didn't know Carson was calling the plays in the fourth quarter, but they certainly seemed to move the ball a lot better. Might want to stick with that approach.

The refs were horrible.

Gotta give the team credit for fighting as hard as they did, despite all the injuries. It sucks to lose a game like that for sure, but I agree that the Eagles weren't going to win the division even if they won last night.
          Totally agree on all points.

The refs are making watching the games very difficult. If a call is questionable, I would rather have the refs not make it. It's not just the horrible calls against the Eagles. That QB roughing call on Dallas was just insane. The ridiculous call on Goedert could have cost the Eagles the game (but they scored anyway).

I am just ready for the season to end. So that I can go about just rooting against the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
            Totally agree on all points.

The refs are making watching the games very difficult. If a call is questionable, I would rather have the refs not make it. It's not just the horrible calls against the Eagles. That QB roughing call on Dallas was just insane. The ridiculous call on Goedert could have cost the Eagles the game (but they scored anyway).

I am just ready for the season to end. So that I can go about just rooting against the Cowboys in the playoffs.
            I felt like turning the game off 8 seconds into the game, I really did. Ron Riveron has to go-PERIOD!!!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I felt like turning the game off 8 seconds into the game, I really did. Ron Riveron has to go-PERIOD!!!
              I watched most of the game with the TV on mute.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                I watched most of the game with the TV on mute.
                I went into a solid one minute tirade and it was only me and my wife watching. She couldn't understand why it wasn't the Eagles' ball and when I tried to explain it to her I totally lost it. I don't think that she's seen me that pissed off watching a game before.

Comment

I went into a solid one minute tirade and it was only me and my wife watching. She couldn't understand why it wasn't the Eagles' ball and when I tried to explain it to her I totally lost it. I don't think that she's seen me that pissed off watching a game before.
                  Funny, that describes my living room on Sunday also.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Funny, that describes my living room on Sunday also.
                    Of course there was the Tommy Hutton play but I wasn't home when that went down.

Comment

My wife accepts it’s just me being an Eagles fan. With the cool temps here, the whole neighborhood heard me going off. If they didn’t already know I’m psycho, they do now.

Comment

Funny you mentioned that Tommy Hutton play. I think that is the only call which had me more ballistic than that OPI call on Goddert! And i lost earlier with the no clear recovery nonsense but that OPI sent me over the edge!
                        My wife is an Eagles fan so she understands our pain

Comment

Working...
                        X