Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Misc

Old 12-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default Honk if you understand the new tax plan

Why can't you ever get a friekin straight answer in this country.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #2
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
Why can't you ever get a friekin straight answer in this country.
RELAX! There is no tax plan yet... Weeks away. House and Senate must agree and compromise on the 2 existing plans. Then send to Trump to sign... Then we have a tax plan.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters is on a distinguished road

I think we should wait and see what comes out of committee... it might get squashed. In fact... I’ll bet it does.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

And then what? The damned thing is over 500 pages long so both sides can lie some more about it. How about putting a little qualifier like companies can't outsource to get it or only a certain % of their workforce is American? Just throwing money at things never works IMO.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

This country needs an overhaul of the tax program. The rat bastards sitting in DC aren't the ones to do it but the rat bastards in DC are the ones that will do it.
Over the years every cat and dog got a little special interest into the program so that they pay less or they earn votes by getting someone else's special interest in so they pay less. The same damn thing is happening now.
This isn't a dart at Trump because it could be anyone in Washington but I saw an acting IRS commissioner respond to a question saying they have moved all of Trump's tax info into a safe area separate from all others so that they can ensure it doesn't get leaked. Fake news?? I don't know but it was an IRS officer on TV so I think that swamp is alive and well.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #6
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

People need to look at and process what is good for the nation rather than what any single piece might affect them.

Never happen cause we Americans are not our forefathers Americans. Identity politics (Thank you liberals, IMHO) almost requires you worry more about yourself or your "identity" group and not the country as a whole.

If Americans worried about the country, the personal hate of Trump could be focused on actions and plans and results rather then daily drama that both sides seem to want to wallow in.

Tell everyone who I can..... Worry about what the government does, what actions they take..... And stop worrying about rhetoric and drama.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #7
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
People need to look at and process what is good for the nation rather than what any single piece might affect them.

Never happen cause we Americans are not our forefathers Americans. Identity politics (Thank you liberals, IMHO) almost requires you worry more about yourself or your "identity" group and not the country as a whole.

If Americans worried about the country, the personal hate of Trump could be focused on actions and plans and results rather then daily drama that both sides seem to want to wallow in.

Tell everyone who I can..... Worry about what the government does, what actions they take..... And stop worrying about rhetoric and drama.
Exactly. When every President gets elected people say "the politics couldn't get any worse" but they always do. I'm an old fart so I don't care what they do with the taxes as long as people with families don't have to live week to week.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #8
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Gotta say as a Libertarian it ain't just liberals taking advantage. Talk about personal hate Donald Trump was elected on the hate of Hillary Clinton. The VAST majority said they don't like Trump but would vote for anyone other than Hillary.
I watch what the gov does not what they say and it seems what they do is protect their own -- seat in congress, their own programs, their own constituents. Ask someone if their senator should vote for what is best for themselves, their party, their constituents, the country, etc and most will tell you they should be voting the wishes of the people who voted them in not voting what is best for the country.
I've said we need tax overhaul in this country. I challenge anyone to show me how Murkowski holding out for artic drilling, or Portman holding out for the aircraft industry to get exempted, or Flake holding out for a promise to address the dreamers, or including the affordable care mandatory requirement, and on and on is good for the tax overhaul in the country. I still see possibilities that this bill will be better than nothing but it won't be good for the country without significant change and it can't get passed if it doesn't have significant change.
But I believe in doing what is good for the country not the Democratic or Republican Party
Old 12-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #9
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

Well ND the biggest thing in this bill --- is the reduction of the Capital gains from 35 to 20%. This alone makes this bill Historic in nature and will spark this nation. I don't care whether Joe smoe gets a $400. increase or decrease in his taxes. The code gets simpler and trillions of $$$ flood the country --- and this country works when we have $$$$$$$.

As a libertarian your sorta like an agnostic about religion--- get to sit on the sideline and pick and choose. Just Kidding!!!!!! Just Kidding!!
Old 12-05-2017, 07:53 PM   #10
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
Well ND the biggest thing in this bill --- is the reduction of the Capital gains from 35 to 20%. This alone makes this bill Historic in nature and will spark this nation. I don't care whether Joe smoe gets a $400. increase or decrease in his taxes. The code gets simpler and trillions of $$$ flood the country --- and this country works when we have $$$$$$$.

As a libertarian your sorta like an agnostic about religion--- get to sit on the sideline and pick and choose. Just Kidding!!!!!! Just Kidding!!
I sure as hell do because $400 is a hell of a lot of money for a lot of people. I would hope that families get at least 2K a year break but I doubt it and that really pisses me off. I've heard so much bullshit both ways that I have no idea what is going to happen. I just hope these businesses just don't keep buying their own stock up like they have been doing with these low interest rates and just spend the money hiring people and paying them more (then again I hope there's world peace next week too). It's been great for my IRA but I want more people to prosper.