Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Misc

Old 01-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Yeah that is me--- I don't really put any effort into it---- Your the one that worries about what he sez, Worrying about some stupid airline claim that makes no difference in anybodies life!

The rest is just more left wing propaganda--- this country was going to hell in a hand-basket under the Obamas. Korea? gimme a break--- the real reason we are here is because the last 3 presidents did nothing but cow tow and give NK money to promise not to get Nukes. That worked real well. Appeasement didn't work before WWII and it won't work now. That fact that many of the globalist leftist world leaders you speak of that you want to claim hate Trump is the exact reason I think his outlook is in fact working!! I see Europe crashing downhill in their attempts at world kumbai. Ask the last remaining ISIS members how Trump change the the rules of engagement (at least giving the Generals and commanders a much more free reign)... oh wait you may have to hunt for one to talk too.

As for the economy-- please you wanna wait, go ahead, I'll take my wins now and for all 8 years. If you refuse to open your eyes and see the DIRECTION this country is now heading then that's on you.... but do not ever call me uninformed or that I refuse to put effort into it!!!!!

Just because I don't see things your way --- that makes me wrong?????? Typical..... like I said it's real easy for you to sit outside both mainstream sides and nit pick .... maybe that is where the lack of "effort" comes in.

Last edited by MDFAN; 01-11-2018 at 04:56 PM..
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #12
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

hahahahahahhahhahahah
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #13
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Damn it! Where do you get off sitting outside both main stream sides? That borders on being un-American.

Don't you realize that indiscriminately following one side or the other is what has made our federal government so effective. It's easy, maybe even lazy, for you to pick and choose which policies you'll support and which you will criticize. What the hell are you doing...actually weighing issues without prejudging them.

What if everybody behaved like you? Just how are politicians supposed to know what to think, let alone which policies to publicly support, if they can't predict ahead of time what will be popular with the voters?

Come on Man!! You better choose...and you better choose the correct side. It may not go well for you if you've chosen badly when you're stopped and asked for your papers.

(Sarcasm off)
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #14
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
Damn it! Where do you get off sitting outside both main stream sides? That borders on being un-American.

Don't you realize that indiscriminately following one side or the other is what has made our federal government so effective. It's easy, maybe even lazy, for you to pick and choose which policies you'll support and which you will criticize. What the hell are you doing...actually weighing issues without prejudging them.

What if everybody behaved like you? Just how are politicians supposed to know what to think, let alone which policies to publicly support, if they can't predict ahead of time what will be popular with the voters?

Come on Man!! You better choose...and you better choose the correct side. It may not go well for you if you've chosen badly when you're stopped and asked for your papers.

(Sarcasm off)
I'm thinking that you're saying that we should be independent voters I hope. Gee, what a novel thought. I've got to say that I like what he's done so far and agree with most of his policies. He's already met with more leaders in the first 11 months than any other President has in their 8 years and working out trade agreements. He's quite charming with them. Of course on the other hand his asshole self has to say something totally outrageous every other day too.

Yesterday he said "why do we have to let everybody in from these shithole countries?". Not very smart in a room full of Democrats but it is the exact same thing that is said by 90% of the country at the dinner table in this country whenever we do it.

With this new corporate tax policy one company after another is announcing pay raises and bonuses for their workers. Black unemployment is down 8%. If somebody is announcing layoffs it's not for lack of business. Technology is taking away a lot of jobs and there's nothing that we can do about that, but technology is also creating them. IMM mind I think that I'm just going to sit back and ignore the fact that the guy is an asshole and let him run the government like a business and let the country proper.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #15
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I'm thinking that you're saying that we should be independent voters I hope. Gee, what a novel thought. I've got to say that I like what he's done so far and agree with most of his policies. He's already met with more leaders in the first 11 months than any other President has in their 8 years and working out trade agreements. He's quite charming with them. Of course on the other hand his asshole self has to say something totally outrageous every other day too.

Yesterday he said "why do we have to let everybody in from these shithole countries?". Not very smart in a room full of Democrats but it is the exact same thing that is said by 90% of the country at the dinner table in this country whenever we do it.

With this new corporate tax policy one company after another is announcing pay raises and bonuses for their workers. Black unemployment is down 8%. If somebody is announcing layoffs it's not for lack of business. Technology is taking away a lot of jobs and there's nothing that we can do about that, but technology is also creating them. IMM mind I think that I'm just going to sit back and ignore the fact that the guy is an asshole and let him run the government like a business and let the country proper.
Popper,

I should have addressed my post to Nodak so that it was clear that it was meant solely as a sarcastic take on another poster who called out Nodak for taking the easy path nit picking both 'mainstream sides'..."like I said it's real easy for you to sit outside both mainstream sides and nit pic". Frankly, I enjoy reading Nodak's posts. I often disagree with him, but I find his posts thoughtful and balanced.

But once again, the unavoidable communication flaws inherent with internet discussions and my own limitations as a communicator apparently lead to a misunderstanding. If we were sitting down over a couple beers I'd enjoy exploring some of your points. But we're not, so I won't.

Couple of brief points. I don't know where you get some of your information but it's different from what I'm getting. (1) The "room full of democrats" was 1 Democrat (Sen. Dick Durbin)and 6 Republican Senators and House members. (2) "the exact same thing that is said by 90% of the country at the dinner table"...that's a pretty remarkable claim. Do you have a source or is that just an opinion (3) "He's already met with more leaders in the first 11 months than any other President has in their 8 years"...Do you have any source for that other than maybe Sarah Sanders?

We are in broad agreement on your observation that he is an asshole.
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #16
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Sorry I got the numbers wrong about the meeting. I assumed that it was the large group that he addressed when he first assembled everybody. Regardless, it was a dumb thing to say in front of a room full of people, especially a Democrat who couldn't wait for him to come out with one of his daily beauties and Trump as usual gave him the ammo that he needed. I'm not so sure that one of the "real" Republicans wouldn't have leaked that out either.

As for bringing in people from other countries I have never, ever heard somebody say "I think it's a good idea". What I do here is "why is it always us that has to do it". I just haven't other than liberal politicians. Maybe I just travel with the wrong people.

Finally, he met with all of the European leaders, Britain, Canada, Mexico, Israel, China, Japan, Norway and I'm sure that I'm forgetting a few. That's a hell of a lot of leaders. A lot of it was trade deals, and a lot of it was telling these people in NATO that if the didn't pay up they were out. He even struck deals for past money that they owe. For a guy that can't put 3 words together without pissing someone off with stupid comments he sure does accomplish a hell of a lot more than our smooth talkers have in the past.

I think that he's a one term President and I think that he'll straighten out the economy. He has a lot of common sense ideas (especially for a guy that lacks it in so many areas). I have to admit that I do like some of the straight talk though and not the usual nicey, nicey political bullshit that I'm used to hearing while I'm getting it shoved up my ass.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #17
Zepster
Pro Bowler

Zepster has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
Yeah that is me--- I don't really put any effort into it---- Your the one that worries about what he sez, Worrying about some stupid airline claim that makes no difference in anybodies life!

The rest is just more left wing propaganda--- this country was going to hell in a hand-basket under the Obamas. Korea? gimme a break--- the real reason we are here is because the last 3 presidents did nothing but cow tow and give NK money to promise not to get Nukes. That worked real well. Appeasement didn't work before WWII and it won't work now. That fact that many of the globalist leftist world leaders you speak of that you want to claim hate Trump is the exact reason I think his outlook is in fact working!! I see Europe crashing downhill in their attempts at world kumbai. Ask the last remaining ISIS members how Trump change the the rules of engagement (at least giving the Generals and commanders a much more free reign)... oh wait you may have to hunt for one to talk too.

As for the economy-- please you wanna wait, go ahead, I'll take my wins now and for all 8 years. If you refuse to open your eyes and see the DIRECTION this country is now heading then that's on you.... but do not ever call me uninformed or that I refuse to put effort into it!!!!!

Just because I don't see things your way --- that makes me wrong?????? Typical..... like I said it's real easy for you to sit outside both mainstream sides and nit pick .... maybe that is where the lack of "effort" comes in.
https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/fiat-c...y-out-bonuses/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/it-l...eign-cash.html

Winning!!!!!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!
Zepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #18
Zepster
Pro Bowler

Then there's this, there sure were a lot of scum bags getting away with this shit under Obama! No More!!!!! Human trafficking arrests Trump 1yr. vs. Obama 8yrs. anyone see a difference?

http://i.magaimg.net/img/1xm9.png

Last edited by Zepster; 01-18-2018 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #19
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

I heard both of those on CNBC Zep. I wish that somehow we could stop all of the outsourcing that is going on too. It can be done. Maybe not being able to deduct their salaries would be a start.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #20
Zepster
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I heard both of those on CNBC Zep. I wish that somehow we could stop all of the outsourcing that is going on too. It can be done. Maybe not being able to deduct their salaries would be a start.
One thing at a time. There was no doubt in my mind that Trump could get the economic machine that the U.S. is and was rolling again. The train has left the station!