Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #1
taz
Senior Member
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,370
taz has disabled reputation
Default Eagles sign DT Haloti Ngata

One year deal. Little older but a real good run stuffer. 5 time pro bowler. Beau Allen replacement.
__________________
Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #2
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
tinopuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY/Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Posts: 11,345
tinopuno is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
One year deal. Little older but a real good run stuffer. 5 time pro bowler. Beau Allen replacement.
Always liked this guy's dominating presence. He is 34 but "observers of the game" think he still has some gas in the tank.

I like the move. And I have ALWAYS trusted Howie's judgement completely. (Said the shameless liar!)

I'm now a born again believer in Zen Master Howie.
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,729
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
Always liked this guy's dominating presence. He is 34 but "observers of the game" think he still has some gas in the tank.

I like the move. And I have ALWAYS trusted Howie's judgement completely. (Said the shameless liar!)

I'm now a born again believer in Zen Master Howie.
I'm behind Howie win or tie!!
__________________
World Champions
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,729
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

Ngata was really something in his day. I wonder what his contract is?
__________________
World Champions
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
ThoughtProcess
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phlorida
Posts: 7,287
ThoughtProcess has disabled reputation
Default

IMO he will work well in a rotation, as the Eagles like to do
ThoughtProcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
MDFAN
Senior Member
Hall of Famer
 
MDFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bel Air Md
Posts: 15,358
MDFAN has disabled reputation
Default

Don't care about a one year contract--- do care if he is even 85% of what he was he will be a great Allen replacement.

Although I gotta admit that this team is getting older much faster than I thought it would. Hope the draft guys are good enough to be the future. I don't want to go back to 4th place in the Division.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #7
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,729
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

It seems to me that we're spending a lot of money for these old guys on the D line. Maybe Vinny will get restructured after all or maybe he just stays period if we're under the cap (but I don't see how we possibly are).
__________________
World Champions
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #8
MDFAN
Senior Member
Hall of Famer
 
MDFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bel Air Md
Posts: 15,358
MDFAN has disabled reputation
Default

60, you seemed to have done a 180 over the years--- this is not a criticism-- just an observation-- you never worried about money before and I always did. LOL.

Now I'm done worrying about money and you seem to worry about it with every deal.

I do worry a bit about the age but so long as we don't have any long term commitments to these guys (Nagta, Bennett, etc) I guess I just have to hope the young guys and the draft keeps the young/old mix at a good level.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Eagle60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,729
Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
60, you seemed to have done a 180 over the years--- this is not a criticism-- just an observation-- you never worried about money before and I always did. LOL.

Now I'm done worrying about money and you seem to worry about it with every deal.

I do worry a bit about the age but so long as we don't have any long term commitments to these guys (Nagta, Bennett, etc) I guess I just have to hope the young guys and the draft keeps the young/old mix at a good level.
LOL. I'm more pissed off at losing guys that we supposedly can't pay and replacing them with expensive old guys. I just don't understand this stuff I guess.
__________________
World Champions
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
musicman
Senior Member
Hall of Famer
 
musicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fredricksburg,PA
Posts: 23,572
musicman is on a distinguished road
Default

These older guys are guys to replace with FAs each year. Gotta see what the money is for Ngatta. He had to get his brain scanned before deciding to play this season, that's a concern.
__________________
RIP Mike !!
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.