• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Goodness the Flea is gone!

Eagles cut NCAA all-time leading rusher Donnel Pumphrey
    Sep
    9/1/2018 11:40:12 AM
    |More
    The Philadelphia Eagles have released 2017 fourth-round running back Donnel Pumphrey according to the team's official website.

Pumphrey was college football's all-time rushing leader with 6,405 yards at San Diego State but his skillset has not yet translated to the NFL. He spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve and started this summer fighting for a roster spot. Unfortunately, he cannot stay healthy and suffered an injured hamstring that kept him out of action. Philadelphia has a crowded backfield, with Jay Ajayi as the starter, Darren Sproles back and healthy again, and Corey Clement and Wendell Smallwood both in the mix. Pumphrey was initially talked about as the next Darren Sproles but, at 5'9"/176, is simply too small for the rigors of the NFL. He may get some looks from other teams but the 23-year-old does not appear to have a future in the league.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I read Smallwood made the team over Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
      I read Smallwood made the team over Adams.
      I thought that it would play out that way. I don't see Adams being scooped up by anybody if they go PS with him. Being a vet Smallwood gives you more right now anyway. Plus, you never know who will become available.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X