• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Interesting Camp Tidbits

http://www.csnphilly.com/08/09/11/bF...975&feedID=704
    by Reuban Frank

'"Jamar Chaney is the best coverage linebacker since Carlos Emmons"
    very cool
    Last edited by musicman; 08-09-2011, 10:29 PM.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    http://www.csnphilly.com/08/09/11/bF...975&feedID=704
    by Reuban Frank

'"Jamar Chaney is the best coverage linebacker since Carlos Emmons"
    very cool
    Thanks Corey!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

liked this one as well

Word on draft day was that Eagles third-round pick Curtis Marsh was a long-range project. He only played two years of D-back at Utah State after starting out as a tailback. Watching him cover at practice he looks nothing like a long-range project. Kind of like a young Bobby Taylor. Tall, rangy, athletic and very smart. Watch him Thursday night. Think he might be a player
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

"It’s interesting to watch how this new coaching staff works. We’ve seen a lot of offensive coaches out on the field working with or talking to defensive players and vice versa. Almost seems like the traditional job titles are irrelevant. A lot of these young guys are so far behind, it just seems like everybody is chipping in trying to teach whenever the opportunity comes up. Vastly improved group of position coaches."

I find that encouraging.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          liked this one as well

Word on draft day was that Eagles third-round pick Curtis Marsh was a long-range project. He only played two years of D-back at Utah State after starting out as a tailback. Watching him cover at practice he looks nothing like a long-range project. Kind of like a young Bobby Taylor. Tall, rangy, athletic and very smart. Watch him Thursday night. Think he might be a player

Watching his play in 1 on 1's he's been very impressive. Picked a heck of a time to join this team when it's all-time crowded in Pro Bowl corners, but 2 years from now when Asante has moved on....he mightjust be a low priced gem for us.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I am as excited about watching a preseason game as ever on Thursday. (Although I can't watch it live (I have to TIVO it, going to Cole Hamels charity event))

I really want to see some of the new guys play. I don't expect any perfection, in fact I expect more confusion than anything but I want to see flashes. I want to see if Mathews is in the right spot a majority of the time, can Harris hold his own at Right Tackle, Can we generate a pass rush with the front four with the wide nine technique. Can our DT's provide a push. Again I don't expect consistently I just want to see flashes.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              Watching his play in 1 on 1's he's been very impressive. Picked a heck of a time to join this team when it's all-time crowded in Pro Bowl corners, but 2 years from now when Asante has moved on....he mightjust be a low priced gem for us.
              Might be to his advantage to see talent like that everyday,IMO it helped Vance Worley to be around the 4 Aces.

Comment

Working...
              X