Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Feel Good Story of Carson

the kid's heading towards owning this town
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Philly needs a hero. Wentz is playing his role perfectly. He may struggle with his game at some point. When that happens, I hope the fans and media remember all these good deeds and keep things in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
      Philly needs a hero. Wentz is playing his role perfectly. He may struggle with his game at some point. When that happens, I hope the fans and media remember all these good deeds and keep things in perspective.
      I doubt it.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I doubt it.
        Unfortunately, I agree.

Comment

How many all time great philly athletes have survived this town without any hits to reputation or without angering the fanbase?

Mcnabb, Iverson, Reggie, Dawkins, Lindros: all have taken a beating here from the fanbase/media.

Brian Westbrook, Dr J, Halladay are some that I can think of that haven't gone down that path. Damn this town is rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
            How many all time great philly athletes have survived this town without any hits to reputation or without angering the fanbase?

Mcnabb, Iverson, Reggie, Dawkins, Lindros: all have taken a beating here from the fanbase/media.

Brian Westbrook, Dr J, Halladay are some that I can think of that haven't gone down that path. Damn this town is rough.
            Add Mike Schmidt to that list.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              Add Mike Schmidt to that list.
              You don't have to, he tells everybody how bad Philly is every time his mug is on camera.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X