Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what does someone have to do to get suspended for a game incident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what does someone have to do to get suspended for a game incident?

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Hard to see what happened from that clip but it looks like the ref grabbed Lynch. If that is the case I have no problem with what he did.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
      Hard to see what happened from that clip but it looks like the ref grabbed Lynch. If that is the case I have no problem with what he did.
      He charged onto the field and grabbed the ref Juk. Anyway.......

Marshawn Lynch suspended one game

The NFL has suspended Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch one game for for unsportsmanlike conduct in Thursday night's game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

NFL Vice President of Football Operations Jon Runyan issued the suspension for a violation of Rule 12, Section 3, which states that "There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship."

Lynch also specifically violated Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (g) which prohibits "unnecessary physical contact with a game official."

In his letter to Lynch, Runyan wrote:

"You made deliberate physical contact with one of our game officials as he was diffusing an active confrontation between players. You were disqualified for your inappropriate and unsportsmanlike actions. Your conduct included pushing the game official and grabbing his jersey…You were not directly involved in the active confrontation that the game official was attempting to diffuse, nor were you a participant in the play that initiated the confrontation. You were the only player from either team who ran from the sideline to midfield to insert himself into a situation in which he was not directly involved."

Lynch will be eligible to return to the Raiders' active roster on Monday, October 30 following the team's October 29 game against the Buffalo Bills.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

I saw him defend his QB when 3 players hit him, 2 after the play ended. I understand why he did it andI understand why he would be penalized. But the ef appears to grab him and shove him when he is NOT in a fight. Sorry, but I can’t fault him for shoving the ref off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          I saw him defend his QB when 3 players hit him, 2 after the play ended. I understand why he did it andI understand why he would be penalized. But the ef appears to grab him and shove him when he is NOT in a fight. Sorry, but I can’t fault him for shoving the ref off.
          The ref's job is to break that shit up Juk. Anyway he's gone. Not only that he wasn't even in the game. You just can't have benches empty on that kind of stuff. I'm shaking my head here.

Comment

He came on the field-- he wasn't before and put himself in the middle-- he pushed a REF you can not have that happen. Period!

Comment

A One game suspension is lenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                A One game suspension is lenient.
                They should give him a month in the loony bin because he's nuts.

Comment

I think 1 game is ok, he didn't have any intent I don't think.

Comment

OK I take back my previous post. I saw the entire thing now and he definitely should be bounced and benched for a few games.

Comment

Working...
                    X