new season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new season

it is a new year and I have only watched two games but the bullies look pretty good. lots of young players that look like they can play in this league. looks like hextall knows what he is doing and hakstol does pretty well with young guys. they may not be the league elite but they look like a playoff team--which is an improvement.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

they fly around the ice, they will beat a lot of teams with hard work, but how long can they keep it up ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Good question. As always goal tending is the key in my mind and theirs are average. But a hell of a lot of goal tending problems start in front of the net. The days of bullies is gone and the Flyers have some young defensemen; I hope they get a bit of an identity and play tough in front of the net. That really isn't Hakstol's MO though so we will have to see.
      As I say they aren't elite but they should provide some good games and look to be building a good team
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

NoDak ,do you get the games ?
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't have the package but I get some and watch when they are on. The better the team does the more I get. My son and family live in MN and are hockey first people so there is more hockey talk than football talk
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Watched them lose to the Pens and was disappointed in their play. Poor passing resulting in turnovers, letting guys get behind them, not digging anything out. Just looked overmatched. How long will Hakstol hold on??????
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Well the high hopes at the beginning of the season went to hell that is for sure. Just don't know what to think about the Flyers. They have had good young talent that just doesn't seem to jump to the next step. When that is an issue I have to look at coaching and environment but they unloaded Hex and Haks without much improvement.
              Going to be a tough off season IMO. Gotta make the coaching decision and it needs to be decisive in my mind. I guess I am okay staying put but whoever comes in needs to tell the team that they have let down the fan base, they are better than they have played and motivate the team to play better. Then find out why the young guys aren't improving. Hopefully, if they haven't solved their goal tending problems they have improved it. Hart certainly looks like he can carry the load. Do you move on from Giroux as the team leader? That is a tough call and I am not close enough to know but he has to do better as a team leader in my mind. Anyway...… as far as I am concerned they can canx the playoffs and move on to next year
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Working...
              X