Defense-The sky isn't falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Still have questions in my head as to why Jeffries and Jerrnigan seemed to delay surgeries?
    I wondered that too but I think that I have the answers. Both of these guys played the season out and had time to think about it afterwards. Jeffrey got through OK and probably wondered if he should have the surgery or just go with rehab. Afterall he had a great game in the SB so maybe it wasn't so cut and dry. With Jernigan also making it through the season he probably thought that he just needed rest or a chiropractor. Nobody rushes into a back surgery unless you have to crawl into the doctor's office because many people come out worse than they went in. I seriously doubt if we see him this season and he's a 50/50 shot to ever play again.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Still have questions in my head as to why Jeffries and Jerrnigan seemed to delay surgeries?
      Guess I missed it but Alshon had his surgery on Feb just days after the SB
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Guess I missed it but Alshon had his surgery on Feb just days after the SB
        Yeah it was about 2 weeks after, but I guess my thought would be at that level... The day after the parade would have been more professional, obviously it's just me.

I Gisele I'm just pissed that we find ourselves in this piss poor WR situation.

Comment

Yeah it was about 2 weeks after, but I guess my thought would be at that level... The day after the parade would have been more professional, obviously it's just me.

I Gisele I'm just pissed that we find ourselves in this piss poor WR situation.
          You and a few million other people. I'm surprised that Brady's wife is though.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I generally like Lawlor, but I have to disagree with him a bit. You can't just take out the big plays, and say, "see, the defense isn't that bad." Bad defenses give up big plays. What I saw against Tampa, and against NE in the Super Bowl as well, was a defense that really struggled to get pressure, and struggled with coverage downfield, and gave up big plays in the passing game. If the front four can get pressure, that's great, but if they can't, Jim is going to have to do a better job of dialing up some things to pressure the QB. Both Brady and Fitzpatrick were way to comfortable back there all game long.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              I generally like Lawlor, but I have to disagree with him a bit. You can't just take out the big plays, and say, "see, the defense isn't that bad." Bad defenses give up big plays. What I saw against Tampa, and against NE in the Super Bowl as well, was a defense that really struggled to get pressure, and struggled with coverage downfield, and gave up big plays in the passing game. If the front four can get pressure, that's great, but if they can't, Jim is going to have to do a better job of dialing up some things to pressure the QB. Both Brady and Fitzpatrick were way to comfortable back there all game long.
              I agree here. This D is set to get pressure and if they don't, the whole thing goes down hill. Getting QB is the key to TDS D being successful.

Comment

I agree here. This D is set to get pressure and if they don't, the whole thing goes down hill. Getting QB is the key to TDS D being successful.
                I agree with everything being said but as I watched that game I continued with the lack of continuity on offense. Nick has several chances against Tampa that he missed. The run game is hit or miss and we don't stick with it enough. I know we are missing WRs but still Tampa was missing both starting DBs and we couldn't take advantage. The O-line seems to be having issues right now. I am less worried about the defense than the offense.

Comment

Working...
                X