Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite wr is available again Juk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite wr is available again Juk!

Browns releasing Josh Gordon, who showed up late and 'not himself' on Saturday
    Sep
    9/15/2018 8:10:50 PM
    |More
    The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was "not himself," league sources told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

They're releasing him on Monday and finally closing the book on the long saga of substance abuse, suspensions, multiple chances and redemption.

When Gordon did show up at the Browns facility on Saturday "a little tardy,'' according to one of the sources, he complained of a pulled hamstring, but he was fine in practice on Friday, a league source told cleveland.com.

Team doctors examined him, and in addition to the tweaked hamstring, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling again with his sobriety or on the verge of relapsing, sources said.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for Sunday's game against the Saints, and was upset about it, one of the sources told cleveland.com. The source surmised Gordon was mad because he felt he had let down the team with the hamstring.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The man has issues or demons or whatever. Bryant hasn't been signed. Kapernick hasn't been signed. Maybe teams are beginning to realize it isn't worth signing distractions
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

He'll fit like a glove in Dallas

Sources believe Browns will trade Josh Gordon
      Sep
      9/16/2018 8:03:44 AM
      |More
      Multiple league sources told Adam Schefter of ESPN that they believe the Browns will trade Josh Gordon before Monday, adding that teams already are calling the Browns.

Gordon's immense talent has been overshadowed by substance abuse that has derailed a promising career. He has been suspended by the NFL for most of the past four seasons because of multiple drug violations, and the Browns have been supportive of him for years as he has tried to turn things around.

Gordon posted an Instagram story later Saturday in which he thanked the Browns and their fans.

"Huge s/o to the city of Cleveland. This place will always feel like home to me.. I'm extremely honored and blessed to have been able to grow up and start a life amongst such a passionate and motivated group of individuals.. It's been a hell of a journey with you guys. I wish all of you nothing but the best.. Thanks to the @ClevelandBrowns organization for having me, I'll never forget my time here.

Comment

Well as I watch this game today..... I'll take Gordon or Dez.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Well as I watch this game today..... I'll take Gordon or Dez.
          I assume that you watched the game at the sports bar today and had a few beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            I assume that you watched the game at the sports bar today and had a few beers.
            No, beach in Jersey and was stone sober.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              No, beach in Jersey and was stone sober.
              Then you deserve this!

Comment

I’ve given up on Gordon too. Not worth the headache.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jerry and Josh, Perfect together

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                    Jerry and Josh, Perfect together

Gordon has reportedly expressed a desire to sign with Dallas. And why wouldn't he want to go there?
                    Jerry kind of lets the players make their own rules when it comes to using illicit drugs, knocking women around, and stabbing teammates.

Comment

Here's an idea, with Wallace reportedly done for the season, let's just go all in and get Dez and Gordon
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Then you deserve this!
                        Maybe, but with no date or guarantee on Jeffries or Wallace.... This team is dead if we are depending on guys like we are now running running out there.

The D has shown that, at least as of now, they are not gonna hold decent teams to 3 points.

Maybe they can make a trade but they better find somebody!
                        Last edited by MDFAN; 09-17-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          Here's an idea, with Wallace reportedly done for the season, let's just go all in and get Dez and Gordon
                          That is a really desperate move. But, we may be getting desperate right now.

Comment

I'd take a gamble on Gordon because of the strong locker room but there's no way in hell that I'd bring Bryant in.

I suppose that you could bring him in for the vet minimum until Alshon gets back and then cut his ass but he's too stupid to learn a playbook so why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                              That is a really desperate move. But, we may be getting desperate right now.
                              if you sign both, any sign of bullshit you cut one and send a message to the other
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X