Oh no............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no............

Per WIP, Ron Dayne is coming to Philly tomorrow for a visit.

Just say no, please?
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

an all-local backfield -- Westy from Villanova, Dayne from Overbrook High in Camden County, NJ.

can't say i'm thrilled about it.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I just saw this to. I wanted to shoot my self in the face - then I want to eat cow crap and have a monkey puke on me.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I cna hear the laughter all the way from NY!!! Come on Andy, just say no!!!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
          I just saw this to. I wanted to shoot my self in the face - then I want to eat cow crap and have a monkey puke on me.
          LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Hell, I don't feel THAT bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I do. Ron Dayne is worse than Reno Mahe in my book. What an insult by the front office to even consider signing Ron freaking Dayne.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
              The Eagles don't wste time with a bunch of visits. If they invite a FA for a visit, that means they will VERY likely make an offer. WTF????

I'll take Bucky back, thanks.

Comment

am i the only one who would love for ron dayne to be our backup rb?

just kidding
                there's no one
                Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I think Dawk20 want's the bastard, for whatever reason. Of course, that boy ain't right in the head.

Comment

I'd rather have Bucky back. I don't want that turd at all, but I'm not taking it as hard as Biggie. LOL.
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Dayne stinks on ice. I don't even think he should beat out Reno for the hosting job at Chickie's and Pete's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin

I'm certainly not in favor of signing Dayne. That said, the potential for some world class ball-busting of my Giant-fan friends is there. Especially, after the terrible luck the Gnats have with the Eagle players they've signed.

With limited PT, Dayne accumulated some decent YPC stats for Denver (5.1) in 2005 and Houston (4.1) in 2006. So, with the Bird's much improved OL, Dayne "could" be a force in spots.

Hmmmmm!

I can see it all now. Dayne takes over for a mildly dinged up Westy in our away game against the Gnats. It's a cold, blustery day in the Meadowlands and AR wisely emphasizes the ground game...(remember, this is a fantasy). To the horror of Gnat fans everywhere, the Bird's OL overwhelms the Gnat DL and LBs and Dayne has a career day, scoring 3 TDs and running for 190 yds as the Bird's humble Big Blue in front of the home faithful.

Hospitals throughout the greater NYC are forced to hang out "NO VACANCY" signs due to the flood of over doses, wrist slashings, and pavement dives.

Unlikely? Sure! But the way things have been going the past 2 weeks, I need to find something to smile about!

Comment

The problem with Dayne is he is a big guy who tries to play a small backs game. His numbers were fine last year, 4.1 ypc, 5td's 151 attempts for 612yards. He is still only 28 yrs old (I thought he was older than that) and he knows the WCO.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                            I'd rather have Bucky back. I don't want that turd at all, but I'm not taking it as hard as Biggie. LOL.
                            I do not think anyone takes anything as badly as BP does...
                            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

On Dayne, I think he suffered from way too high expectations in NY...he was a high pick and sort of a college wunderkind IMO...

Signing him does not preclude Buck coming back IMO...I cannot see Dayne being able to ask for an unreasonable deal and I have always thought the Eagles would circle back to Buck if he does not get what he wants on the open market...

Westy, Dayne, Buck and Moats as your RB corps...not great, but certainly not terrible IMO...

I guess I'll wait to panic until it actually happens...I would rather have Dillon and Buck, but one does not get everything they want always in life.
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X