Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't you???

Andy Reid:

On whether he suggested to McDermott that CB Asante Samuel should cover Titans WR Kenny Britt: "I know Sean already talked to you about that. Sean had thought about that. There's more to it than that. In the middle of the game, you just don't start flopping guys around. It's not as easy just to go say 'you're playing man coverage over here.' That's not how you do it. There are a lot of different schemes involved, so it's a tough thing to do. And listen, going in we had full trust that the guys who were covering him, would cover him. You get into a game like that you can't just switch another guy over."

Isn't that what making in-game adjustments is all about? Why don't we do things like that?
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

God forbid you make coverage adjustments while getting killed by 1 receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      God forbid you make coverage adjustments while getting killed by 1 receiver.

AR and Little Sean were correct not to adjust. They had their plan and stuck to it. Good for them! They didn't let the facts on the ground interfere with the strategy on which Little Sean had worked so hard. If Little Sean couldn't see that an adjustment was needed, Andy certainly wasn't going to pull rank and embarrass him in front of all those people.

Imagine what terrible things might have happened if they'd changed things up to deal with Britt. They'd given up 10 points in the first 3 quarters. Christ, they might have given up another 10 points in the 4th quarter alone! Oh wait, that's right!...they gave up 27 points. Never mind!

The most galling thing is that towards the end of the game Britt was just laughing at their efforts to cover him, as though they were annoying little children tugging helplessly at his jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        The most galling thing is that towards the end of the game Britt was just laughing at their efforts to cover him, as though they were annoying little children tugging helplessly at his jersey.
        I couldnt decide who I wanted to punch more: Britt, Hobbs, or McDermott.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          I couldnt decide who I wanted to punch more: Britt, Hobbs, or McDermott.
          Punch Hobbs and McDermott but for an actual thug like Britt, who enjoys punching out people that are being held by a friend...

shoot him in the face, point blank, with a 12 gauge shoot gun. "Now Kenny! Can you please give us that smug laugh one more time. Oh! I'm sorry. I hadn't realized your face is gone...and you're dead!"

Comment

Punch Hobbs and McDermott but for an actual thug like Britt, who enjoys punching out people that are being held by a friend...
            Speaking of, props to the Titans for having the moral fortitude to bench Britt for a whole quarter. I'm sure that lesson will stick.

I'm not saying the Titans shouldn't have played him. But if you're just going to slap him on the wrist with an empty charade of a punishment, don't bother.

Comment

shoot him in the face, point blank, with a 12 gauge shoot gun. "Now Kenny! Can you please give us that smug laugh one more time. Oh! I'm sorry. I hadn't realized your face is gone...and you're dead!"
              Somebody just killed Kenny!!!!!!!!!
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                Somebody just killed Kenny!!!!!!!!!

How could I have missed that opportunity?

Comment

Andy Reid:

On whether he suggested to McDermott that CB Asante Samuel should cover Titans WR Kenny Britt:

"I know Sean already talked to you about that. Sean had thought about that. There's more to it than that. In the middle of the game, you just don't start flopping guys around. It's not as easy just to go say 'you're playing man coverage over here.' That's not how you do it. There are a lot of different schemes involved, so it's a tough thing to do. And listen, going in we had full trust that the guys who were covering him, would cover him. You get into a game like that you can't just switch another guy over."

This quote really does explain why the Eagles don't make adjustments in the middle of the game. From this quote it would seem that Reid doesn't believe in it.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    This quote really does explain why the Eagles don't make adjustments in the middle of the game. From this quote it would seem that Reid doesn't believe in it.
                    This is another reason why they start calling time outs with four minutes left in the game. Reid just can't think on his feet and doesn't want to go through the stress of actually controlling the final two minutes.
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Unbelievable quote. I don't care that I'm not an NFL coach. This goes back to pee wee football after awhile. You say - that's it - Samuel - you follow that freaking guy around all over the field. Everyone else play your spot. If they beat us - they'll beat us with another one of their clown receivers.

It's the box and one concept of basketball and it's certainly doable within a zone scheme.

Unreal.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

if the Eagles signed Britt in the offseason, would he immediately begin to suck a la Thrash?
                        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
                        X