• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward finally moved up-Hoping to get a target before Christmas

Eagles promote Greg Ward, place Rudy Ford on injured reserve

Roster news.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Nov 23, 2019, 2:58pm EST

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports
    The Philadelphia Eagles promoted practice squad wide receiver Greg Ward to the 53-man roster, according to an official announcement from the team. In a corresponding move, the Eagles placed safety Rudy Ford on injured safety.

Ward’s promotion doesn’t seem to bode well for the status of Nelson Agholor and/or Alshon Jeffery when it comes to Sunday’s game against the Seattle Seahawks. Agholor and Jeffery were both ruled questionable on Friday’s final injury report.

Agholor seems more likely to miss Sunday’s game considering he didn’t practice at all this week. It’s unusual for Eagles players to miss the entire week of practice and then play on Sunday. Jeffery, meanwhile, was a limited participant throughout practice.

There’s a case to be made Ward deserved a call up even if the Eagles weren’t banged up at wide receiver. Agholor has been mightily struggling; multiple metrics have him pegged at THE worst receiver in the NFL right now. Ward warrants a look considering how he showed some positive flashes during preseason and training camp.

Ford suffered an abdominal injury in Wednesday’s practice. The Eagles were using him as a third safety (Andrew Sendejo’s old role) in Week 11. Now Philadelphia has just three remaining safeties on their roster: Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, and Marcus Epps. Epps only joined the team a couple weeks ago. The Eagles better hope nothing happens to Jenkins or McLeod.

The Eagles and Seahawks will officially announce their inactives at 11:30 AM Eastern on Sunday morning.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Doesn't get any better. Ford is a fill in who gets hurt in practice-- we talkin practice. Now they have a guy named Epps sitting one play away from playing who no one in the NFL ever heard of let alone fans. Next injury will probably be someone sitting in the cafeteria or the film room.
    Hopefully Ward shows something promising
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Aren't you guys jealous---- I got a call to come in for a try out at WR!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        Aren't you guys jealous---- I got a call to come in for a try out at WR!!!!!!
        What number are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          What number are you?
          Nah, the contract actually had a morals clause,,,, so I said pass!

Comment

My 87 year old Father had hand surgery this week. Vegas has him ranked 3 spots ahead of Agohlor for expected performance in the game next week. The smart money is on Dad!!!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Nah, the contract actually had a morals clause,,,, so I said pass!
              Damn, I thought that was you wearing number 80 today. After a couple of quarters I knew it wasn't you though because that guy really sucks.

Comment

Working...
              X