Vinny Curry Resigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    I don't get the stare down part. But I can see from the piece the monetary bing the Eagles are in, no matter what avenue they try. Keep, cut, trade. All have a cost. I wasn't concerned about anyone's feelings. That's just Writers trying to juice up a basic story.
    Its a story that could be written about 40% of the guys in the NFL. Hell he could write the same story about Maxwell who seems to get a bit of a pass when it comes to pay for production. I just think it was a bogus story.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      Its a story that could be written about 40% of the guys in the NFL. Hell he could write the same story about Maxwell who seems to get a bit of a pass when it comes to pay for production. I just think it was a bogus story.
      Perhaps Ian was bored. Nothing going on this week to write about, LOL!

But the numbers laid out for the different options was meaningful to me.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Mathews may as well go . He can't stay on the field, and if you want to get the most out of Murray, it seems the recipe for success is defense and just keep feeding him the ball in a conventional O. Barner is good enough to take the extra 5 -8 touches.
        The problem with letting go of Mathews is he would be a 3 mill cap charge only saving 1 million. Might as well keep him for that. The only way to rid themselves of Murray is to trade him and even then they take a 4 mill cap hit but save 4 mill so that could be worth it.

I would be fine with Mathews and a Rookie running behind a true fullback next year. Get rid of both Sproles and trade Murray (if they can even if they get nothing for him). Save 9.5 million on the cap.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I like Mathews way too much to just discard him.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            The problem with letting go of Mathews is he would be a 3 mill cap charge only saving 1 million. Might as well keep him for that. The only way to rid themselves of Murray is to trade him and even then they take a 4 mill cap hit but save 4 mill so that could be worth it.

I would be fine with Mathews and a Rookie running behind a true fullback next year. Get rid of both Sproles and trade Murray (if they can even if they get nothing for him). Save 9.5 million on the cap.
            So say Eagles trade Murray to Seattle for Kam Chancellor and Sproles for a draft pick and they would save 9.5 million on the cap for 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Do you really think anybody else is dumb enough to pay him that kind of money? We're stuck with him.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X