Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints

I know we really shouldn't look at the Saints right now- and heck- we should be 5-0 right now... But are we healthy right now? Or are we just getting started? I love that we beat Dallas- But- Is Dallas better than N.O.?
    http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

The Saints are a good team. It will not be easy at all. My concern is the emotional letdown after this game. Hopefully Reid and Co. gets the squad in the correct mindset.

Comment

Dallas is better than NO, IMO. more balanced team. NO gave up 400 plus yards on defense today

Comment

well then- It'll be all in Mac Daddies lap! He'll need to set the tone- along with the Dline too. I love we took this from Dallas- Almost as if we were owed... LOL

Comment

The Cowboys are better than the Saints, but the Saints will A) be at home and B) are playing hard and like they have nothing to lose. The possible emotional letdown factor for the Eagles can't be ignored either. I'd expect the Eagles to win, but it will be a tough game.

Comment

And to think that IMHO- we're not even near peeking- There's still alot of issues... But I'd love to see what happens. I don't think there's any Vet on the team that would let and emotional let down happen- Even Trotts had some stuff on this matter and he basicallt said he and many others are to mature to lete it happen like that- I'd like to believe him Chip!

Comment

I think the Eagles might lose this one. It sounds like Westbrook might get his knee scoped and sit out the games until after the bye week. There will be an emotional letdown next week. A win vs the Cowboys is more important than a win vs the Saints.

Comment

SF- I'd like to say we have too many Vets for this to happen- May I say "The glass is half full" for me. I feel it like it's 2000-4...

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
                  The Saints are a good team. It will not be easy at all. My concern is the emotional letdown after this game. Hopefully Reid and Co. gets the squad in the correct mindset.
                  There's always the risk of a letdown after a major emotional win, but the Birds are probably no more vulnerable to a letdown than the Saints, who beat divisional foe Tampa on a come-from-behind punt return TD by Reggie Bush with 4 minutes to go!

And they gave up 400plus yards and 21 points to a Buc team that had scored a total of 27 points in it's first 3 games.

It should be a hard fought game, but unless the Birds have lost some more key guys to injury (Brown, McCoy, Barber, Westy)??? I gotta think they win? I like AR's record on the road vs quality opponents.

Comment

some of these x factors are a bit silly sometimes.
                    birds came off the short week this week, btw.

oh, fwiw -- birds are 3 point road favorites in an early line i saw.
                    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I'm not even remotely worried about the Saints. (Of course, I'm just a fan, so I don't have to be) I know they've played very well so far this year, but they're not in our league. The Eagles' offense has just been calmly destroying teams all season. They can't stop us.

Comment

the saints are having a 'dream season' because the nfc south a> sucks and b> is playing the afc north but hasnt played the good teams yet.

they have:

edged out an opening day win against an awful browns team,
                        won by a td against an awful packers team,
                        handled atlanta in that emotional mnf home opener,
                        played well but lost against a good panthers team,
                        and now beaten a bad bucaneers team

the only team listed in there that should finish +500 is the panthers, and they lost to them.

that being said, the saints have a chance to do some damage with their schedule:

host eagles - tough game
                        bye
                        hoste baltimore - tough game
                        at tb - winnable
                        at pitt - tough game
                        cin - winable
                        at atl - tough game
                        sf - winable
                        at dal - easy win
                        wash - winable
                        at nyg - easy win
                        car - tough game

we'll see what they're made of
                        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Also a rookie QB put up some pretty good numbers against that Saints D as well. I'm sure DMac will be licking his chops again when watching the film....
                          Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

I feel Better already...

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                              It sounds like Westbrook might get his knee scoped and sit out the games until after the bye week.
                              This is so funny I have no words. What is the source this time?? Hot Dog guy? Cheerleaders friends neighbor? Eskin? Someone from PP board?

WTF???

Comment

Working...
                              X