Observations from yesterday’s game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from yesterday’s game

So let me start by saying I was at the game so my takes may be differnt than what you saw on TV. The TV broadcast was brutal as I watched it again. Saw so much more there.

1. Foles was even worse in person than what you saw on TV. He routinely missed opened recievers never looked comfortable even though he had time to throw. He took a hit on the drive after the TD and came up limping some there. Not sure if that effected him, he aggravated it more later in the game so much so that Sudfeld was warming up. Overall one of the poorer performances I have seen from a Qb. However he did hit the passes he needed to hit to get them in field goal range to win it.

2. Darby had an excellent game in fact the entire corner Corp did. Yes they had one long TD pass but for the most part the Oakland recievers were not getting open.

3. I don’t think Doug called a very good game. You have to find a way to get the ball in Jeffrey’s hands. Run a pick a cross something to get him the ball. I also thought he kept trying to force the run when they were stacking the box. Now all of this could have been because Foles was nicked up

4. The Oakland offensive line is a pretty good one and they were dominated by the Eagles front four. The old adage do a hold could have been called on every play was true, they got away with a ton. Especially on some of the run plays.

5. Lane Johnson had a great game, he got called for two holding calls one there just wasn’t anything there the other was really ticky tacky and not a call a pro bowl tackle gets called on. Mack name was never mentioned

6. The officials were pretty bad once again. This is a theme. The play where Torey smith got tackled out of bounds is a pernal foul as was another time a player got tackled on the sideline. I do think they got some right I question the Long offsides as he rose up right before the ball was snapped but never got into the neutral zone, that usually gets
    called but technically is not a penalty. Mack did that same thing earlier in the game and is wasn’t called. I think my big complaint is consistency, too many rules that are not consistency called between crews and even between plays

7. Elliot really struggled with the wind during warm ups as did the other kicker. Was shocked when he hit the game winner. It was that cold and that windy.

8. Ajayi is clearly the RB that should be getting most of the carries. Blount just doesn’t have the speed to get to the hole on a patchwork online,

9. I think ESPN was drowning out the crowd noise on TV, it was loud every time Oakland had the ball, it caused at least a false start and a delay of game. When Darby INT the ball and ran it in the place was as loud as I have ever heard it. Didn’t sound very load on TV. Gruden even said at one point it wasn’t loud. There were a few moments it wasn’t people were frozen.

Overall this team finds a way to win games. It’s crazy but we are 13-2 AND the playoffs come through Philly
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I thought that we could have been called for several false starts. Warmack? Johnson's holds were a joke.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Foles was not a confident QB. I think that was a lot of it. And that is the most depressing. He wouldn’t throw it and when he did he threw it high.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Gonna make mine really quick!

1. Foles was awful that night. Too many open receivers that he missed or decisions that he didnt make! Just a really bad game!
        2. Mills still biting on double moves but overall secondary played much better than last few weeks
        3. Oakland's O line gets away with mugging on nearly every run!
        4. Officiating is killing the league! Not protests. Not player antics. OFFICIATING!
        5.I think Carr is still hurt and Del Rio and Oakland brass are fools for playing him!
        Ugly win but its a win! HFA! Get Foles right or its one and done!

Comment

is it just me or does Clement look like our best HB?

one thing is for sure, Ajayi needs to hold and protect that ball better. he has only fumbled a couple of times since coming here. But I have seen a TON more that were close to happening

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
            is it just me or does Clement look like our best HB?

one thing is for sure, Ajayi needs to hold and protect that ball better. he has only fumbled a couple of times since coming here. But I have seen a TON more that were close to happening
            He really looks good, but I like Ajayi best. Isn't Gurly something!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X