• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bye for the Jags but Marrone is keeping the heat on

Jaguars coach ‘100 percent all-in’ to winning at Tennessee
    Dec
    12/27/2017 9:32:45 AM
    |More
    The Jaguars will enter Sunday’s regular season finale at Tennessee locked into the No. 3 seed in the AFC. But coach Doug Marrone said Tuesday he will have the same approach as the first 15 games, Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports.

“Make no mistake about it so there’s not a lot of talk about it during the week: We’re going to play to win and we’re going to do everything possible to win this game, period,” Marrone said during a conference call. “I’m not even thinking about what happens beyond that. That’s the way we’re going to go about our business this week.”

The Titans (8-7) can clinch a wild card spot – and likely a first-round trip to the Jaguars – with a win. The Jaguars would not have been faulted if they chose to rest veterans or players with existing injuries.

Marrone said it was an “easy” decision for him to approach this week like normal and it was discussed with the Jaguars’ front office and coaching staff.

“When we went over [the situation], I said, ‘Hey, listen, we’re going to bounce back, we’re going to work our [butts] off this week and we’re going to go out and win this game and win this quarter [of the year],’” Marrone said. “That was pretty much the conversation. There wasn’t any wavering from anyone about what we wanted to do and what we wanted to accomplish this week. We’re 100 percent all-in on winning this football game.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

He is on a limb--- only time will tell if it snaps off the tree!

Comment

Tom Coughlin is in his ear and I don't remember him making a lot of mistakes. It's no coincidence that Jacksonville all of a sudden is a great team after a decade of futility since he showed up.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X