Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not only an ugly win. A flat out shameful one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Taz, did Alshon look like he was hurting ?
    No he did seem like he was getting a little miffed at Foles. He was getting open and Foles. Just wasn’t finding him and when he did he was late on his throws like the one that should have. Been a TD that was behind Jeffrey. When a QB has a bad night usually the entire receiving corp struggles. Ertz was the exception but most of his yards came against the same 7 to 10 yard pass
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      He was either hurting or frozen stiff because he looked slow as a turtle.
      they showed him in the huddle once with gloves on and had his hands inside his hand warmer and IMO he looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than Philly at that moment
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        No he did seem like he was getting a little miffed at Foles. He was getting open and Foles. Just wasn’t finding him and when he did he was late on his throws like the one that should have. Been a TD that was behind Jeffrey. When a QB has a bad night usually the entire receiving corp struggles. Ertz was the exception but most of his yards came against the same 7 to 10 yard pass
        I always liked sitting up high and watching plays unfold. It's like being in the film room.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I was thinking that the fans were happy as all hell that they didn't have to sit through an overtime!! It must have been brutal with the wind and cold.
          I was frozen by that point actually went into the bathroom and the heat was on, stayed in there for about 10 minutes of the fourth quarter and watched it on TV, came out for the last 5 minutes of the game. Lots of high diving when Elliot hit that field goal. Let me say this, if you guys don’t think there are football gods, right before the field goal the wind was swirling, as soon as the ball was snapped the flags went limp on the goal post and he drilled it. In warm ups neither him nor the Raiders kicker could make it from that distance with the wind swirling.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Mike again ?
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Comment

Just win. I don't care if they win the ugliest SB in NFL history. Do you?

I kind of had a feeling this was going to be an ugly game. Last week, the Eagles had the "Oh shit, we lost the stud" thing going on. j-bird laid this phenonemon out for me a long time ago. When the team loses the stud, everyone says, "OH SHIT WE LOST THE STUD!!" and their play will reflect that. But, that doesn't last.

So, it's Christmas. I really don't like the idea of playing games on Christmas, because I'm what they call esential personnel, and I have worked a lot of Christmas eves, and Christmas days, along with a lot of other holidays, and it fucking sucks. Period. And, it's got to be a huge distraction for the players. It has to be.

If I'm the Raiders, I'm pissed. Royally pissed. We got eliminated last week, when we should have beaten Jerry Jones' shitshow of a team. And, instead, we lost, and instead of playing for a playoff birth, we're stuck traveling to Philafuckingdelphia, to play a meaningless game on Christmas in 19 degree windchill, instead of being at home with our families, and, quite frankly, I'm looking to take someone's head off because of that, big time.

So, the game had a strange feel to it from the get-go. Both teams were out of synch. It was ugly. But, guess what? Good teams find a way to eek a win out of the swamp, and bad teams lose and go home. Just like that.

The defense played playoff football in the 2nd half. They were huge in the 4th quarter. And Nick got them down the field for the go-ahead FG late in the game. And, they won. Period.

I don't know about the playoffs, to be honest. I never expected to be in this position, so it's gravy. But, I can say this: If they are going to do this thing, they are going to have to run the football. They are going to have to block and run the football like their hair is on fire. And, they are going to have to play defense like the offense is trying to rape their mama. Period. Nick Foles is not Carson Wentz.

Comment

WTF was with Alshon? He was hunched over like a question mark the whole game. Put on some long underwear and deal with it!

Comment

I just rewatched the game and found myself saying several times, “how the fuck did they win this game?” That wasn’t an ugly win, it was a Jocelyn Wildenstein ugly win! Holy crap!!!

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jesus that is scary.

Comment

Wildenstein has had extensive cosmetic surgeries to her face[23] creating a "very unnatural appearance."[24] The surgeries intended to elicit a more catlike look, according to her ex-husband.[25][26] Wildenstein is rumoured to have spent $4 million on plastic surgery,[27] apparently done to please her ex-husband, who loved big cats.[28][29] Despite her unusual appearance, Wildenstein is reported to be "ecstatic with her work. She feels beautiful. She looks in the mirror and she loves what she sees. She got exactly what she wanted."[30][31]

It's sounds just like the way Chip Kelly looked at his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          There is not such thing as a shameful win.

You're right! A poor use of the language on my part.

Mark it up to 1) the painful recognition that this offense, without Wentz and with glaring deficiencies on the left side of the O line, has almost no chance of ending the 56 years of disappointment that Eagles' diehards my age have experienced and 2) a glass or 3 too many of Jim Beam Honey.

What I was trying to convey was the sense that the performance of some...not all...of the guys on offense, as well as much of Doug's play calling, was shame worthy last night.

And I also recognize that it's easy for me to cast stones when I'm sitting in70 degree Florida while the players are being brutalized by swirling winds in an open air freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            You're right! A poor use of the language on my part.

Mark it up to 1) the painful recognition that this offense, without Wentz and with glaring deficiencies on the left side of the O line, has almost no chance of ending the 56 years of disappointment that Eagles' diehards my age have experienced and 2) a glass or 3 too many of Jim Beam Honey.

What I was trying to convey was the sense that the performance of some...not all...of the guys on offense, as well as much of Doug's play calling, was shame worthy last night.

And I also recognize that it's easy for me to cast stones when I'm sitting in70 degree Florida while the players are being brutalized by swirling winds in an open air freezer.
                            No its shameful for YOU to blame Jim Beam! You should have to give it up drinking for a year for EVER blaming Jim Beam!

Comment

Working...
                            X