Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS thinks Romo is their best color man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS thinks Romo is their best color man.

Someone asked during our Thursday night game in Carolina how Romo got paired up with Nance for that prime time game. Well CBS apparently regarded their brand new boy as their #1 color man from the get go. He's been paired with Nance, CBS' #1 play by play man, since the beginning of the season.

Not surprisingly, Romo seems to know a lot of "inside stuff". And he seems intent on telling everything he knows on every fucking play...all in a high pitched voice that has all the appeal of chalk-scraping-a-blackboard.

How did CBS arrive at this decision to immediately make the raw Romo #1. Just speculation on my part but my guess is that it's another indication that the networks still regard anything Dallas as somehow being ratings magic.

Romo's voice may be a little annoying, but he's way better than Phil Simms.

Comment

I think he does a fine job, gotta admit I have only heard him do 2 games, but he is much better than many I hear on these games.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
        Romo's voice may be a little annoying, but he's way better than Phil Simms.
        Yeah this is where I am. He does have some interesting things to point out -- but the voice can get a bit grating. Maybe I'll get used to it... provided he doesn't try to make any more jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          Yeah this is where I am. He does have some interesting things to point out -- but the voice can get a bit grating. Maybe I'll get used to it... provided he doesn't try to make any more jokes.
          Perfect synopsis!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Most of these guys can irritate after listening to them for awhile. What I do like is that when a new guy comes onboard he brings some new words, some new ideas. Collinsworth brought some great new insight as did Gruden as did Aikman. Hell Madden was great for bringing insight. But after two dozen games they repeat the same ****. Romo was okay to listen to for content but his voice is tough and he NEVER shuts up.
            I wouldn't mind seeing the networks change pairings and change up some announcers every year. Might bring some freshness to the broadcast
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X