• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Big Dog actually help us this year other than in trade

76ers: Big Dog regaining his bite

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Wednesday, October 6, 2004

News
    76ers forward Glenn Robinson had an impressive opening day of training camp on Tuesday, and he appears prepared to put a frustrating 2003-04 season behind him. Injuries held Robinson to a career-low 42 games and a career-low 16.6 points per contest. "There was definitely a little frustration," he told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "I thought I was able to do more than what I really could do. That's why I took this summer to look in the mirror. I said I'm going to work all all summer and come back better." New head coach Jim O'Brien added, "Glenn is in great condition...He really was effortless in his ability to score [on Tuesday]. He plays with a lot of confidence. He's a quick learner. He could start a game tonight, and he'd put up some major numbers."

Views
    In an ideal situation, Big Dog would form a solid complimentary scoring source behind Allen Iverson. That didn't work last year, but it sounds like Robinson is singing a better tune this time around. He's entering the last year of his contract, so there's a good chance that he plays nice and posts some pretty good numbers. If we see him mixing well with Iverson this preseason, his fantasy stock should rise.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

I'd like to see him on IR for the entire season.

Even if he puts up 20 a game, I'll find it hard to root for him.

Comment

Working...
    X