Observations Eagles Cowboys game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles Cowboys game

Putrid is the word that comes to mind to describe this one. Doug has lost this team and I know we are only a year and half out from winning the Super Bowl but when that happens its over for that coaching staff. The problem now is how long will Lurie stick with Doug before he makes the change. My guess is it will be at least the rest of this season and next season. Doug put his neck out on the line for this team and said they were going to win this week, what they did was go our there and give him a big middle finger.

Its one thing to lose a game when you get beat, its another to absolutely quit before you even started. No passion, no heart, horrible. Basically this team has NO BALLS.

1. Nelson Agholor is a coward, plain and simple. Time to just cut him and bring Greg Ward back, he doesn't have half of Agholor talent but at least he will try and give effort.

2. Lane Johnson, WTF were you doing last night? Lawrence is a good pass rusher but Johnson looked slow and disinterested. The second turnover was completely on him. He gave up pressure after pressure. I have never seen Johnson play that bad. This guy is an elite right tackle in this league and to play that was is a real issue.

3. I am tired of complaining about the defense. Schwartz has to go and I have been saying that for a year now. His scheme simply doesn't work anymore. Teams adjust to his "pressure packages". The Cowboys attacked every weakness in this defense they have done every time they played them. No changes, its just give up football.

4. Carson Wentz , horrible game, tough to read on this one. I think he is trying to do too much now and that is making it worse. The INT was an absolute force the ball and try to get something. He drops a snap and how the hell is the does the defense have 3 guys in the backfield that quickly. A team game and right now we don't have much of anything around him and that is really sad. We are wasting this guys talents.

5. Why is Hollins still starting? He said he doesn't want to play WR and it looks like it, he hasn't caught a pass since Green Bay. Is that even possible from a starting wide receiver?

6. The one guy who is getting a ton of grief right now is Howie and he should absolutely get grief but he has the right read on this team. That is why he didn't overpay for Ramsey. He knows he should have turned this roster over more than he did. That is why he is keeping his draft picks right now. What I absolutely don't want to see is him trading draft picks for stop gaps like Sanders.

I am ready for a make over of this roster. They should start shopping players like Ertz, Jenkins, Lane Johnson. Both Ertz and Johnson should be able to fetch multi picks including high picks. Jenkins you might be able to get a bag of footballs for the self proclaimed leader who whiffed on tackle on the second TD and then commits a stupid penalty when they were off the field on another.

The worst thing about today is having to listen to the Cockroach Dallas fans. I am telling you that is not a good football team but they are much better than we are right now. They at least came to play.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I saw this one coming and for the first time this year, I didn't watch the game. I didn't want that stress/agitation. It's the hated Cowboys and they just humiliated our team.

The Eagles are a bad football team right now. They have not even been competitive the last 2 games. I am also sick of all the injuries this team gets hit with.

I still have faith in Doug and Howie. I think Howie is a terrific GM and this team looked loaded (except for LB) until the injury bug hammered us in game 2.

The Cowboys are going to cakewalk their way to winning this division. The rest of the East is putrid.

Comment

I turned the game off before the half. I cannot remember the last time I did that. We looked slow, small and disengaged. I don't know that there could have been a worse 1/2 of football played

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
        I turned the game off before the half. I cannot remember the last time I did that. We looked slow, small and disengaged. I don't know that there could have been a worse 1/2 of football played
        The second half was worse than the first.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          Putrid is the word that comes to mind to describe this one. Doug has lost this team and I know we are only a year and half out from winning the Super Bowl but when that happens its over for that coaching staff. The problem now is how long will Lurie stick with Doug before he makes the change. My guess is it will be at least the rest of this season and next season. Doug put his neck out on the line for this team and said they were going to win this week, what they did was go our there and give him a big middle finger.

Its one thing to lose a game when you get beat, its another to absolutely quit before you even started. No passion, no heart, horrible. Basically this team has NO BALLS.

1. Nelson Agholor is a coward, plain and simple. Time to just cut him and bring Greg Ward back, he doesn't have half of Agholor talent but at least he will try and give effort.

2. Lane Johnson, WTF were you doing last night? Lawrence is a good pass rusher but Johnson looked slow and disinterested. The second turnover was completely on him. He gave up pressure after pressure. I have never seen Johnson play that bad. This guy is an elite right tackle in this league and to play that was is a real issue.

3. I am tired of complaining about the defense. Schwartz has to go and I have been saying that for a year now. His scheme simply doesn't work anymore. Teams adjust to his "pressure packages". The Cowboys attacked every weakness in this defense they have done every time they played them. No changes, its just give up football.

4. Carson Wentz , horrible game, tough to read on this one. I think he is trying to do too much now and that is making it worse. The INT was an absolute force the ball and try to get something. He drops a snap and how the hell is the does the defense have 3 guys in the backfield that quickly. A team game and right now we don't have much of anything around him and that is really sad. We are wasting this guys talents.

5. Why is Hollins still starting? He said he doesn't want to play WR and it looks like it, he hasn't caught a pass since Green Bay. Is that even possible from a starting wide receiver?

6. The one guy who is getting a ton of grief right now is Howie and he should absolutely get grief but he has the right read on this team. That is why he didn't overpay for Ramsey. He knows he should have turned this roster over more than he did. That is why he is keeping his draft picks right now. What I absolutely don't want to see is him trading draft picks for stop gaps like Sanders.

I am ready for a make over of this roster. They should start shopping players like Ertz, Jenkins, Lane Johnson. Both Ertz and Johnson should be able to fetch multi picks including high picks. Jenkins you might be able to get a bag of footballs for the self proclaimed leader who whiffed on tackle on the second TD and then commits a stupid penalty when they were off the field on another.

The worst thing about today is having to listen to the Cockroach Dallas fans. I am telling you that is not a good football team but they are much better than we are right now. They at least came to play.
          I simply can't stand to watch the tape on this one taz. The only thing that I took from the game was that I'd like to see Brown get a few carries because I'm tired of watching the other two turtles.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

What I saw:

1. Our LBs are OK but not good enough to match that running game. We get beat on the off tackle and misdirection. I feel like our guys guess a lot and now Jenkins is starting to guess too because father time is catching up with him.

2. Coaching wise I agree that something is keeping this team being ready to go at the beginning. The hit on Goedert was NOT that bad and he is bigger than Jaylen Smith. This is the NFL son... hang on to the ball. I will say if I win the toss I would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS kick off. ALWAYS.

I'm going to go against the grain now.

OL - I would give us an average grade. Jordan Howard had 11 carries for 50 yards. There was pressure on Wentz but I thought Dillard played OK. I can't figure out why we don't roll Wentz out more. I know sometimes it doesn't work and there is the thought that it takes a way a part of the field but we didn't move the pocket much. Again, guys I didn't think our OL play was that bad. I do agree that Lane Johnson didn't play his best game. Kelce is also starting to show his age.

CB - I didn't think our corner play was that bad either. Dak played great. The throw to Cooper down the sideline that beat Mills was a great throw and catch. Sometimes you get beat. I saw maybe 2 times that the corner got beat. One was the double move to Cooper where Rasul got beat and the other was probably the Scrandrick throw but that was basically zero coverage and Scandrick was a tad late. Not a lot of corners make that play.

DL - Our DL is predicated by C/G pressure with Cox and whomever is in there with him and with Jackson and Jernigan out we don't get that pressure. The number one need in the offseason is a rotational DT to play alongside Cox or a really talented edge rusher. We played OK against the run. I know that Zeke had 22 rushes for 111 yards but they have good players too and the way that Dak played we basically defended their run game with the front 7 I thought.

QB - I'm not seeing how Wentz played bad? He threw an INT but that was the point in the game where you have to start forcing the ball down the field. Wentz was pretty solid I thought. He also ran when he needed to run and I liked that. The early fumble was not his fault. The missed snap happens because he is pressing down a bunch.

WR/TE - I've seen enough of Nelson Agholor. If you can't trade him this week then you cut him. Get Greg Ward up here and give him a shot. Nelson quit on the team last night. I still don't understand how he didn't get a hand on that. We really need a speed received and that will fix a lot of the issues. AJ is basically a TE/HBack. And we do still have the best TE tandem in the league.

RB - Sanders needs to learn how to one cut plant and go. He had that first down in the first half. RUN UP THE FIELD.

It is a one game season right now. If we can somehow beat the Bills we will come home and beat the Bears and be 5-4 going into the bye week. We get Jernigan and a few others back after the bye probably and the schedule does ease up.

No one is going to agree with me here but if we go 5-4 into the bye we could very easily go 10-6 or 11-5. Now if Dak plays like that we will get beat when they play in Philly... but if he regresses to his mean we can beat them. The Cowboys schedule is about to get tougher too.

Gotta beat the Bills this week though. Can't go 4-5 into the bye week.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Yep, I too turned it off at halftime. First time in a long time that I have done that. I stuck it out through the Minny game but just couldn't with this one. Between Elliott making that feed me gesture that makes me have a stroke to the announcers blowing the cowboys for all but 20 seconds of the first half, I decided to prepare for a work meeting instead. Yep, Doug & Howie, I chose to work on a Sunday night instead of watching your product on the field.

Something has to change. I am just not smart enough to know what it is.

Comment

I walked away from the TV after the half too. For pretty much the same reasons Vet Turf enumerated, in addition to the poor play.

Comment

I understand a team losing. I get it, but when they lose and put out zero effort it flat out pisses me off.
                  Your wide out is short arming balls, ole tackling etc. that is just too much for me. The honeymoon is over with Doug and the staff. I think Doug is trying but once you lose the team its over. The fact they think they can pop off about their QB not checking down, they can talk about missing team meetings etc. that is players who are way to comfortable. You don't hear that from Belicheat teams. He has to make an example of somebody and suspend them and somebody like Johnson or Jeffrey or whomever the person is to make them see he is not playing around. Its straighten up and GTFO

Comment

I don't think Doug has lost the team.

To me, the primary issue is the overall health of the team. When you get to the point where you are freaking out because you see Hasan Ridgeway going to the locker room, you are screwed.

Nigel Bradham is more important than I thought.

Overall, I think the team just had a bad game. It happens. I'm not jumping off the Walt Whitman.

That said, there are some issues. For me, I'm going to state it right now. I HATE the way they are using Howard and Sanders. The only thing that was working early in the game was running the ball with Howard. INfreakingexcusable that he only got 11 carries. He got over 50 yards on those 11 carries. Do the math. You're down on the road early because of turnovers. The defense is a mess. But, you have a RB that is gashing their defense. So, do you feed him the ball and force your opponents to stop him?? No, you pull him out of the game. I don't know who's responsible for that, but they deserve a kick in the nuts. I told J-Bird. Take a lesson from Joe Gibbs. Gibbs had Earnest Byner and Rickey Earvins. Which is pretty much the equivalent of Howard and Sanders. He fed Byner the ball and let him pound the defense for 3 quarters or so, and then brought in Earvins with fresh legs and let a tired defense try to deal with his speed and moves. It worked. Which is the opposite of the Eagles' formula. They should have fed Howard the ball, slowed the game down, and threw off of play action. Never take a hot back out of the freakin game Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      I don't think Doug has lost the team.

To me, the primary issue is the overall health of the team. When you get to the point where you are freaking out because you see Hasan Ridgeway going to the locker room, you are screwed.

Nigel Bradham is more important than I thought.

Overall, I think the team just had a bad game. It happens. I'm not jumping off the Walt Whitman.

That said, there are some issues. For me, I'm going to state it right now. I HATE the way they are using Howard and Sanders. The only thing that was working early in the game was running the ball with Howard. INfreakingexcusable that he only got 11 carries. He got over 50 yards on those 11 carries. Do the math. You're down on the road early because of turnovers. The defense is a mess. But, you have a RB that is gashing their defense. So, do you feed him the ball and force your opponents to stop him?? No, you pull him out of the game. I don't know who's responsible for that, but they deserve a kick in the nuts. I told J-Bird. Take a lesson from Joe Gibbs. Gibbs had Earnest Byner and Rickey Earvins. Which is pretty much the equivalent of Howard and Sanders. He fed Byner the ball and let him pound the defense for 3 quarters or so, and then brought in Earvins with fresh legs and let a tired defense try to deal with his speed and moves. It worked. Which is the opposite of the Eagles' formula. They should have fed Howard the ball, slowed the game down, and threw off of play action. Never take a hot back out of the freakin game Doug.

100% agree. Howard gets about 7-10 yards on that 3rd and 4 run. Sanders should not have been in for that play. In fact, Wendell Smallwood, Josh Adams, Kenyon Barner, Jay Ajayi, Lagarette Blount, and maybe even Donnell Pumphrey all get that first down. Well maybe not Pumphrey but you get my point. Since we drafted Sanders high, we feel like we have to use him but let's use him for what he's good at.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I also asm not in panic mode--- and I would refuse to make seasonal decsions based on a coup[le of bhad games under these injury circumstances. Wait till the end of the year ---- then evaluate the whole thing.

I also agree that taking a nut sack kick like last sunday is not fun--- let's see what happens down the road.

Ok, so this part of the "ride" isn't fun right now.... but it is still all we get!

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                          100% agree. Howard gets about 7-10 yards on that 3rd and 4 run. Sanders should not have been in for that play. In fact, Wendell Smallwood, Josh Adams, Kenyon Barner, Jay Ajayi, Lagarette Blount, and maybe even Donnell Pumphrey all get that first down. Well maybe not Pumphrey but you get my point. Since we drafted Sanders high, we feel like we have to use him but let's use him for what he's good at.
                          How about giving Scott a chance to tote the rock? He's the only RB we have with any speed. Unless he's scrambled eggs I don't see why they can't find out what he can do.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Howard was doing fine, until they quit giving him the ball.
                            Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                              Howard was doing fine, until they quit giving him the ball.
                              He was the only thing they had that was really working. I just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X