Malik Jackson :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Jackson :(

Do we ever have a player go in for an MRI and have them come out with less than a significant injury ? Good thing they signed Jernigan back.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...ignificant-one

I have a feeling I'll be able to break out the Chris Long jersey soon

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
      I have a feeling I'll be able to break out the Chris Long jersey soon
      Or buy yourself a Hector one.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

really does suck for Jackson. However I will say Jernigan looked good and in fact 2017 good. We will need to add another tackle. I trust Howie will find us a decent one.

I doubt Chris Long is coming back. Last time I saw a picture of him he looked like a safety (lost his playing weight as he should have after retiring).

We do have options of moving either Graham or Curry inside on pass rush downs and both have been productive over their careers doing that. It should give Hall or Miller some reps at DE as a result.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I haven’t seen an official update on him but NFL Media is saying he has a Lisfranc injury and will have surgery tomorrow. If that is true he is done for the year.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2019 05:31 PM

Eagles agree to terms with DT Akeem Spence as defensive line prepares to move on without Malik Jackson
            #### EAGLES INSIDER
            Dave Spadaro
            The foot injury suffered by defensive tackle Malik Jackson is a long-term blow to the Eagles' defense. There is no sugarcoating the impact, but the depth the team built up in the offseason now comes into play.

“We have guys who are going to step in and play well,” linebacker Nigel Bradham said. “That’s the way we’re looking at it. Malik is a great player and it’s tough that he’s out, but we have no choice but to have the next man step up and keep it going here.”

Jackson suffered the injury late in Sunday’s win over Washington and was placed on Injured Reserve on Tuesday. Signed as an unrestricted free agent in March, Jackson was expected to team well with Fletcher Cox to provide a potent 1-2 punch in the middle of the defensive line, with Tim Jernigan – re-signed just prior to the 2019 NFL Draft – as a perfect third man in the defensive tackle rotation.

The injury changes the rotation. The Eagles agreed to terms with veteran defensive tackle Akeem Spence to take Jackson's spot on the roster. In a separate roster move, tight end Alex Ellis was also waived. The 27-year-old Spence originally entered the NFL as a fourth-round pick (100th overall) by Tampa Bay in the 2013 NFL Draft. During his NFL career, Spence has played in 88 contests with 57 starts, totaling 177 tackles (106 solo), 10.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and three fumble recoveries. He spent four seasons in Tampa Bay (2013-16) and one season in Detroit (2017) before being traded to the Miami Dolphins where he started all 16 games in 2018. Spence was released last month by the Dolphins.

Meanwhile, Jernigan, who teamed with Cox in the Super Bowl LII season of 2017, is healthy and ready to be a starter.

"He's excited. We won a championship with this group," defensive end Vinny Curry said. "He's excited. He's ready. He's up for the challenge and you know he's going to take this opportunity."

The Eagles also made a smart trade on the third day of the draft when they sent a seventh-round draft pick to Indianapolis for defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway.

Ridgeway made the 53-man roster with a good preseason, played 24 snaps in the win over Washington, and now bumps up in the tackle rotation behind Cox and Jernigan.

Comment

Spence sounds like a decent player. Miami has had a pretty good defense the last few years and he was part of it. He sounds like a nice find.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X