No announcement yet.

So, I'd kind of like to extend Stallworth now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't we have to give New Orleans a 3rd round pick if we extend him DURING the season, and a later round pick if we do it AFTER the season?

Comment

Originally posted by jmuCJ
      Don't we have to give New Orleans a 3rd round pick if we extend him DURING the season, and a later round pick if we do it AFTER the season?
      I believe if we extend him before he becomes a free agent, we give up a third. If he goes to free agency on March 1st (or 2nd or whatever) - then it's just a 4th. We could gamble if we covet the 3rd, let him got to free agency and then sign him.

Comment

I like him. Even if he only plays 9 games a season - That's at least 9 huge plays a season. A happy medium between Pinkston and TO - what this team's been looking for.
        Prevent the prevent!

Comment

You shouldn't even mention this kid with TO. He displays none of the bad karma and teammate issues we had with OD. I know you weren't meaning it that way, but.....it's something to recognize as well. Everything I have heard about him indicates that he fits in with our team chemistry very well and is a benefit in that regard, not a cancer.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yeah - I didn't mean to equate him in any attitude kind of way with He Who Shall Not Be Named. Just that he's a "playmaker," who has speed and is always a threat to score.
            Prevent the prevent!

Comment

Working...
            X